55 gallon stocking Reply ASAP please Important

1. delta5 Well Known Member Member

My 55g on my profile is completely up to date. If I regime the pleco can I add an electric blue ram African cichlid? I can also move my tiger barbs to my 20g if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Or what other blue cichlid?

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Short answer is no, they need softer water as do the tiger barbs.
    The yellow labs should really be in a malawi set up not a community tank imo & if the plec is a common it will outgrow your tank

3. delta5 Well Known Member Member

These tiger barbs are in the same type of water they were born in. The plec is going to be replaced when it gets bigger, and the tank is a wic with cichlids in mind.

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Still no, even if you rehome the plec they will not do well in your set up & btw blue rams are south american or new world cichlids not african

5. Castiel* Well Known Member Member

Agreed with above, the Yellow Labs shouldn't be in a community tank, they are Malawi tank specific fish and should only be kept with other African Cichlids.

Same with the stocking conditions noted above, SA/NW Cichlids never do well in African tanks. Also the Pleco will need to be put within a 100+ Gallon tank if it is a Common Pleco.

6. delta5 Well Known Member Member

Okay, so if I rehomed the other fish, decorated for cichlids, what blue cichlid(s) could I add? acei?

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I'll leave the African cichlid keepers to answer stocking questions as I don't keep them

8. Castiel* Well Known Member Member

Yes there are quite a few different kinds that have blue coloring in them. Sulfur heads, Ivory heads, Blue Ice Zebras, female Kenyi, etc..

9. delta5 Well Known Member Member

Do you guys and gals think they all will be okay in the same tank until no later than Dec of this year? By that time i'll either have a 75g for cichlids, or a 29g for the livebearers and tiger barbs. My 20g long I intend to either be a QT, fry tank, or sump.