55 Gallon Stocking Ideas

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I recommend this to just about everyone planning a community tank in the 40 to 65 gallon range: get a male and two or three pearl gouramis for your centerpiece. They may not look too impressive in the store, but they're beautiful fish when they get comfortable in the tank and get a little older.

OP
Thibault Drake

Thibault Drake

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
JettsPapa said:
I recommend this to just about everyone planning a community tank in the 40 to 65 gallon range: get a male and two or three pearl gouramis for your centerpiece. They may not look too impressive in the store, but they're beautiful fish when they get comfortable in the tank and get a little older.
I was already thinking of doing that. Should I just do the tetras and gouramis though, or can I get other fish too?

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You can do more. You could add a school of corys, and probably another school of tetras or a similar fish, or bump up the number of neons. What did you have in mind?

OP
Thibault Drake

Thibault Drake

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
JettsPapa said:
You can do more. You could add a school of corys, and probably another school of tetras or a similar fish, or bump up the number of neons. What did you have in mind?
I think Corys would be cool, but I have fluorite as my substrate. Would that hurt them? Also could I add another type of tetra with those, or would that be overstocking it?

New Threads