55 Gallon Stock

spike98

I am helping a friend make a stock and thought I would come here for some help. He really likes angelfish so that was gonna be the main fish which I was thinking of mabye 1 or 2 of them. I was trying to think of what else we could put in with the angels? Maybe some bolivian Rams as I read you could possibly do 4 with the angels? For bottom dwellers he likes the idea of a pleco would a bristlenose be small enough, I personally like Cory cats and think you could get a nice amount in there.

spike98

Not arguing for more angels as I know aggression can arise but is 2 angles too risky in a 55 gallon and would Cardinals be too small. I do like the stock though.

BottomDweller

2 angels could be fine but if they breed then they may become aggressive towards the other fish.

Cardinals should be ok. If you'd like a larger fish then cherry barbs would work.

spike98

Is it possible to try and get two of the same gender or is sexing them difficult?

BottomDweller

Sexing is difficult unless you can see their breeding tube I think. However I believe even 2 of the same gender can lay eggs together (if they are female) and get defensive even though they are not fertilized. I think that generally happens if there are no males around.

bizaliz3 you're more experienced with angels. Can you explain what I'm talking about or give your opinion on the matter please?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
johnmaddox
Replies
Views
dbblackdiamond
Replies
Views
Katie13
Replies
Views