55 Gallon Stock Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Frobins, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Frobins

FrobinsNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey all, so I recently set up my 55 gallon planted (El and ferts) and was looking into different stocking options. I have boiled it down to a couple different options my main one, being congo tetras and some sort of rainbowfish (I absolutely love the way the two fish look). I wanted to put the following in the tank,
    6x Boesemani Rainbows
    8x Congo Tetras
    10x Kuhli Loaches or some kind of Bottom feeder
    How does it look? Are these the best rainbows for my situation? It is a standard 55 gallon tank. Thanks!

2. fishpersonallday

fishpersonalldayNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    2 years
    How long is the tank?

3. OP
    OP
    Frobins

FrobinsNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +5
    Its a standard 55 Gallon, 48" long.

4. fishpersonallday

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    2 years
    It's perfect then.
    Kuhlli loaches sometimes crowd the bottom but if you really love them, go for it!!!
    Also keep in mind corydoras and all the types, I just think they are so cute!:emoji_laughing:

Hope your tank will go amazing!

5. OP
    OP
    Frobins

FrobinsNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +5
    I am actually thinking I might go for corys, any breeds you have in mind that would work well? I would like something active. Also, what size school should I get for a 55 gallon? Thanks!

6. altwitch

altwitchNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +21
    I've got 5x different breeds of cory's in my 120g atm - 7 of them in total. Have heard it said they don't seem to school together and evidence bears that out as I see my two albinos and two bronze hanging out together. Have 2x pandas in my Q tank soon to join the one up top for a total of 9 in a couple weeks. These guys are great and all are active. They don't seem a bit disturbed by much larger tankmates, even my 2 marble angels and Berdmori loach. My tank is ecocomplete substrate but bisected by a sand river mostly clear of plants/decor and they range everywhere but see them a lot rooting in the sand a lot so recommend at least including a partial area of sand.

7. fishpersonallday

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    2 years
    My favorite kinds are panda, albino, or emerald. I've never mixed typed in a tank before. Since they are small I'd say at least 8.

8. fishpersonallday

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    2 years
    Yeah I never see them really school together either but I still love them lol.

Become a Fishlore Member