55 Gallon planted tank total rescape.

toeknee

Hello all. My tank is a little over 4 years old. Aside from moving plant's around I've basically had the same hardscape all these year. Today I finally went in and removed every plant, rock and stick from the tank and rescaped the whole thing. I threw out an almost full 13 gallon sized trash bag full of plants. It took from 11 am to 3 pm to do this whole thing today. I forgot to take a before picture before the rescape. The "before" photo posted below was basically how it was with 5 times the plant mass. (I run CO2, high light and ferts on this tank.)

I found that dwarf lily in the bottom right in rough shape buried under a 10 gallon size piece of Anubias. I had no idea it was still in there. Now that it's in the light is should grow pretty large and fill in the front right space. All the plants have some settling in and filling in to do after being tossed around for hours. It was only once I removed all my plants and hardscape that I saw all 8 of my Kuhlie Loaches since I've put them over a year ago! I had no idea how many I had left, turns out the gangs all there.

Anyways here's a video of the rescape and the "before" shot from months ago and after shot. .
I can never get pictures to load in order. The first picture is the after.

Attachments

• tank.9.jpg
    tank.9.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 42
  • tank 1.jpg
    tank 1.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 42

Frank the Fish guy

Man, that's a nice tank!

Berryblue

Incredible scape. You should be proud!

Gillyfish

Awesome scape! I’d be happy with the before or the after.

Gillyfish

What kind of rocks are those?

toeknee

What kind of rocks are those?
Those are just some extra large black lava rocks I ordered through Amazon. Pretty cheap compared to most other scaping rocks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
toeknee
Replies
Views
Griffboy123
  • Question
Replies
Views
SlickNick