55 Gallon Fire Mouth Tank.

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hiya! Going to be putting fish in my 55 gallon tank soon. It is cycled and has plenty filtration etc. Can anyone please tell me what all I could put in my 55 with firemouths? Is 2 firemouths okay? Or should I do 4? And I’d like other fish also, bottom feeders etc. Need some help!!! Thankyou!!!!

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can do 2-6 firemouths in a 55. i would stick with 4. Corys or a pleco breed would be fine. Make sure it has lots of hiding spots and or plants

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well, I’ve never done plants so I don’t know much about them. I could make sure there are hides and stuff. Ill probably do 4 firemouths, I’d probably want Cory’s ....how many would be good? And is any other fish good with them also? (Not bottom dwellers) lol or is just firemouths and Cory’s full as it is?
@NavyChief20

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So firemouths can be aggressive. Ive had calm ones but lets be honest they are cichlids. Allegedly you could get away with a schooling type fish in there (a few) but dont be surprized if they are missing in the morning. Also FM's get up to 6" Go with some java fern or anubias. pretty easy to care for.

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
NavyChief20 said:
So firemouths can be aggressive. Ive had calm ones but lets be honest they are cichlids. Allegedly you could get away with a schooling type fish in there (a few) but dont be surprized if they are missing in the morning. Also FM's get up to 6" Go with some java fern or anubias. pretty easy to care for.
Okay, so just go with 4 firemouths, some Cory cats and maybe another schooling fish of some sort? How many Cory do you think I could get away with?

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
start with 3. As far as the schooling fish id have to look into it. Im a cichlid keeper so most other fish are umm food for my warriors.

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
NavyChief20 said:
start with 3. As far as the schooling fish id have to look into it. Im a cichlid keeper so most other fish are umm food for my warriors.
Me to. Haha I have an 8 inch Oscar in my 75. I’ve tried things with him....he kills them. So he is now alone haha

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
@NavyChief20
How about this, I love cichlids and I always have. If it was your 55 gallon, what would you stock it with? Even if not cichlids. I’ve always had Oscar. Don’t know much other. Just kinda want to see what you think would be cool I just picked foremouth because it’s something different.

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
well my son has convicts in his 55 they are pretty fun. My newest tank that is undergoing finalizing is gonna be a Jaguar Cichlid tank.

Id probably go with a Texas Cichlid. They are tough hombres

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom