55 Gallon Corner Tank Fowlr Stocking Ideas

nixiemyth

Reaction score
Hey fish friends,

I recently got a 55 corner tank from a dear friend,
I've decided to make the jump into a FOWLR tank, (having kept fresh for over a year now its time)

My problem is I don't know where to begin for my stock list or how many fish will be able to call my tank home, No idea what order to put fish into the tank either or how long to wait between fish.

I want to avoid clown fish, I would also love to have a Goby/Shrimp pair (think its gobys that pair up with shrimp) the ultimate goal will be to get confident enough to set up a seahorse tank in the future.
besides my eventual goal I really have no other ideas on what can go with what.

I want "easier" fish that preferably do not require live food, and colour. and if its not impossible fish that will eventually be okay with easier corals. (not any time soon obviously)

Ideas/ Tips????

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey fish friends,

I recently got a 55 corner tank from a dear friend,
I've decided to make the jump into a FOWLR tank, (having kept fresh for over a year now its time)

My problem is I don't know where to begin for my stock list or how many fish will be able to call my tank home, No idea what order to put fish into the tank either or how long to wait between fish.

I want to avoid clown fish, I would also love to have a Goby/Shrimp pair (think its gobys that pair up with shrimp) the ultimate goal will be to get confident enough to set up a seahorse tank in the future.
besides my eventual goal I really have no other ideas on what can go with what.

I want "easier" fish that preferably do not require live food, and colour. and if its not impossible fish that will eventually be okay with easier corals. (not any time soon obviously)

Ideas/ Tips????
Tons of fish...
You can get some wrasses like Multicolor Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse, Hooded, Scotts, Possum, and etc.
You can do some Banggai Cardinals, Dottybacks, Dartfish, Chromis, Damsels, Basslets, Dwarf Angelfish, and Blennies.
What kind of fish do you enjoy?

nixiemyth

Reaction score
Also I have large red lava rock in my convict tank that's been up for over a year can I use this lava rock as my live rock base? I love its colour.

nixiemyth

Reaction score
No I want salt, sorry I miss read your comment.
I don't know really to be honest, I just want colourful fish that will be happy together.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Also I have large red lava rock in my convict tank that's been up for over a year can I use this lava rock as my live rock base? I love its colour.
It is better not to because some peoples tanks have been crashed due to it.
No I want salt, sorry I miss read your comment.
I don't know really to be honest, I just want colourful fish that will be happy together.
What kind of colors do you like?

nixiemyth

Reaction score
based on what I've found on live Aquaria I like the following
Madagascar Spotted Goby or Green clown goby - I love the way they look.
yellow watchman, Aurora, or Dracula Goby that would pair with a shrimp hopefully
Midas blenny
flame angel
blue reef chromis - purple yellow sunhine chromis
any of the anthias (really love the flathead sunburst)

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
based on what I've found on live Aquaria I like the following
Madagascar Spotted Goby or Green clown goby - I love the way they look.
yellow watchman, Aurora, or Dracula Goby that would pair with a shrimp hopefully
Midas blenny
flame angel
blue reef chromis - purple yellow sunhine chromis
any of the anthias (really love the flathead sunburst)
Those should be fine, but the Flame Angel would not be the best fit, try a cherub, flame back, and etc.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom