Future additions/upgrades:

56w T5 lights
Floating plants, java ferns on the wood
1 peppered cory
4 panda cories
4 dojo loaches
Otto's
(if able) sterbai cories or dwarf cories

The temp is 76% highest advisible end for the dojo and suitable for the cories. I have had the dojo for years, have a softspot for him/her therefore might get him/her some buddies and keep a group of them with the cories long-term. That could all make for a fun/active set up to keep me and guests entertained.

Attachments

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks Rogue and ivonko!

Ha, as to the whereabouts of the kuhlis and botias well, they are currently just chillin' at the fish stores anxiously waiting for me to come and take them home unfortunately they may be waiting for awhile as don't have the space atm. I'd love to do just a cories and kuhlis setup, I'm adding a few more dojos for the one I have an attachment to.

ivonko

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
something else to consider is that on aquabid often times has bulk sales on corys 5-10 that end up being pretty good deals

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When the time comes I'll have to check that out. For the sterbais I was going to post "Want to Buy" in section on here. I know I want 5-10 sterbais, they aren't easy to find locally.

First things first, I must get the light fixture here and move the plants I have (in one of my 20's and my ever spreading hornwort, pennywort & lettuce in my 47) to the tank! I can't wait to just to add more light in general.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The temp is 76% highest advisible end for the dojo and suitable for the cories.
Many Cory species are from southern South America, where its cold. Peppered Corys preferred temp range drops down to 60, for example. Pandas low end is only 70. Your fish will be happy in the 70's.

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Indeed let the fun begin lol.

Good to know about the temps, as long as they can be happy and healthy.

http://youtu.be/hsrWNan7GD0

I am swapping out the Penguin's for a pair of AC 70's or perhaps a single AC 110 if it can cut it. My dojo didn't come out for din din tonight, but hoping when I add more of it's kind then it will be more active. Hoping to fill the top with my hornwort and water lettuce and cover the wood on the left in ferns and a bit of anubias. I like the idea of that along with leaving the right side mostly vacant/open.

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The light will be here next week. In the meantime I have a spare Aqualight over the right side of the tank, I shall replace that along with the smaller one on the left with a full fixture when it arrives. Ordered light, next step is the AC 110! I might buy new from amazon.com $59 subtotal, or used haven't decided yet. It's a tough choice lol.

Attachments

ivonko

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
your tank reminds me so much of my own i love your driftwood formation on the left, if you can take a few close up pics of that that would be awesome because i think i know somebody that wants to copy you

any reason why you are going away from the penguins? because my second penguin just came in and im curious what fault you have found with them. also if you need some water lettuce i MIGHT be getting rid of a lot of mine soon so i can make a donation to a good cause at just the cost of shipping

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks man. Funny thing is I was thinking the same thing when I seen the latest pics of your aquarium.

No major hate on the Penguin's, I want to switch to AC's for the purpose of having more biomedia, I'd like that over cartridges and the wheels is all. It's down to personal preference I guess.

The formation is comprised of 6 pieces of malaysian driftwood, 2 pieces of slate, 5 rocks, and 3 clay pots sorta hidden between everything in an effort to give the cories some cave and tunnel like spaces.

Here are the best close ups I just took.

Oh and appreciate the offer on the WL I might take you up on that if I didn't have such a large amount in my 47 and 20L lol.

Attachments

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks, I rearranged the scape and I have updated the stock too. Use your imagination for now.

Stock:

8 peppered cories
5 panda cories
5 albino cories
3 julian cories
3 bumblebee catfish
1 farlowella
1 lonely dojo loach

and the rainbows I will rehome next week (aunts home/tank)

Pics tonight or tomorrow morning

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are SA. I've had one alone for a long time, finally got him a few buddies.

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bro they are all over now! It's crazy. The tank looks better in new light too, although it's more a budget fixture is fine with me since I don't want high tech equipment here. I can't wait to take new pics of how active it has gotten!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom