55 Gallon Blood Parrot, Angelfish, Rtbs, Corydoras.... Success

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by andy305mia, Mar 29, 2019.

1. andy305mia

andy305miaValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +127
    Experience:
    4 years
    Though I would share my experience, I stocked my 55 gallon with 4 Cory cats, 2 Angelfish, 1 Red Tail Black Shark and 1 King Kong Blood Parrot. It has been about 6 months or so and everyone seems to be getting along just fine. Angelfish were always together for the first couple of months but now they don't seem to like each other at all. They stay away from each other for the most part. My Red Tail Shark was the first one to occupy the tank about a year ago and then the Cory cats and finally the angels and Blood Parrot. I bought the Angels from a LPS fully matured along with the Blood Parrot, so they wouldn't get picked on. My shark is about 5" and gets along with all my other fish. I thought he might be a problem since he was super aggressive towards tiger barbs I had in the tank with him before. He kept them corralled and they were in constant fear so I gave them away. My Blood Parrot was another possible concern, turn out its just a big goofy fish. All bark no bite, the biggest fish but gets along with all the other fish and doesn't chase any of them. Constantly staring at me for food (tanks in my bedroom). Just thought I would share this with the community in case anyone was wondering if this would work. Thanks

2. nikm128

nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,152
    Experience:
    5 years
    Actually, I've been curious about a blood parrot with non cichlids, or more docile cichlids. This is very helpful even though no two fish will be the same.

3. OP
    OP
    andy305mia

andy305miaValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +127
    Experience:
    4 years
    Honestly, my next setup will be stocked with the same species only. I prefer to see fish school rather than just float around. It was nice seeing my Angels together when they were still liked one another. My setup "works" but like I mentioned earlier I prefer to see fish school. Probably silver dollars, and I might try to throw a RTBS in the mix since they are so interesting to watch

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,130
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Glad to hear its working out so far. I do want to highlight that this is a tank where it can change from peaceful to warzone very easily due to big personality fish....

5. Nicholas pilgrim

Nicholas pilgrimValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +23
    I agree, just keep an eye on the aquarium but otherwise it sounds great and something i'll have to try one day.