55 gallon blog!!

Discussion in 'allaboutfish' started by allaboutfish, Oct 30, 2011.

1. allaboutfish

allaboutfishWell Known MemberMember

so i decided im going to make a blog for my 55 gallon tank. this will primarily be to show how it transforms over time. i have rotala R. in there along with various anubius and jungle vals. i plan on ALOT more vals and rotala.so here it is right now, and here is piece of drifwood ill be adding soon. the one driftwood is 46 inches long.there's another piece but i dont have a pic of that yet.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

i havent dicided if i want to use these sandstones or use some taller, bulkier greyish black rocks.

3. PHP

PHPWell Known MemberMember

Nice looking piece of wood and good looking tank!

4. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

thanks!!!

5. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

oh and upcomming events
    wednesday-ill be adding my 6 cherry barbs to the tank from their quarentine. the final number of cherries will be 15.
    friday-ill add both pieces of DW and do a major rescape.

6. PHP

Can't wait and make sure to post some pictures!

You should post some pictures of the cherry barbs in the QT right now ;)

7. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

when i get home i will. cherry barbs are one of my favorite fish now. they have so much personality for a schooling fish. my columbian tetras and harlequin rasboras had no personality and acted as if they were in there own world plus they were scared when i came up. chery barbs bite my fingers and beg for food.

8. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

rescape and added cherry barbs today. pics!!!

Attached Files:

9. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

tanks was dirty after rescape but he filters toook care of that. i LOVE my green bristlenose plecos. they change colors all the time. ill get more pics when i get home tomorrow.

10. psalm18.2

psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

What made you change the rocks? Just curious.

11. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

the introduction of the cherry barbs, looking for my synos, and bc i didnt like it the first way.

12. psalm18.2

psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

Oh. I see. LOL

13. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

yea haha. i sadly only counted 3 of my 5 synos. either they hide REALLY good even when you take all of the decor out except for one rock that has some holes in it and the DW, or 2 died, but there was no ammonia spike or carcas. i know my BP cant eat it d to his mouth(even though he kept biting me). but i dont know. also for anyone who wants to know the stock list.
    15-cherry barbs(have 6 now)
    5-syno petricolas(might end up being 3 if 2 died)
    2-gold rams(have a male, im going to let him pick out of 2-3 females eventually)
    1-angelfish
    2-green bristlenose plecos
    its pretty heavily stocked but ill have lots of territories and it will be heavily planted. the BP im taking to an LFS bc i decided to go with a heavily planted tank and he would just destroy it. ill also have an aquatech 30-60, a tetra 30-60, and a rena Xp2 or one of the new API canisters.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  14. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

would this stock work?
    15-cherry barbs
    5-syno petricola(there might be 3)
    5-gold rams
    1-angelfish

15. PHP

Sounds about good, just make it to 2 rams though, 5 just seems too much in my opinion + you have an odd number. Let's say that 4 of them pair up, one will be left out and picked on, you don't want that.

Oh and I also noticed that you post more pictures on Aquaria Central than you do on here! Shame Shame :rolleyes:

16. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

Well the thing i wanted to do was be able to keep both of the males i have now and add a few females. is there a way to do that? and its easier to post pics on aquariacentral than on here. on aquariacentral i just copy and pase from flickr. on here i have to save them all from flickr and then attach them. ill put some pics on here though ;) are you a member on aquariacentral?

17. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

here are the rams

Attached Files:

18. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

i hate my phone! it makes the rams look so uncolorful when they have these beautiful blue sparkles and pink fins and orange heads the second i believe is a longfin, but he has nipped fins from the store :(

19. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Cute! I think I like GBR's better. Perhaps I've never seen a Gold colored up...

I'm a bit worried about the white spots on the ones fins, and his tails a little shabby. Hopefully, its just from the other being a jerk, and not the start of ich and fin rot!

20. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

gold rams are naturaly glittery and im definently watching that. the fins were like that at the store. he was in with dwarf gouramis so i think that got nasty. hopefuly my clean water will fix the fins and if it does turn out to be ick i have mardel coppersafe and a bucket on hand ;)