55 Gallon Aqueon tank- Aqua Culture stand

Insidious

Trying to find a stand has been a huge pain. I've attempted a marineland wooden stand, which I really liked, but does not work with my aqueon tank. Luckily the pet store I got it from is willing to give me a refund. Then I came across a video on youtube talking about walmart's brand of stand. My first thought was ew walmart. After looking at reviews I decided I'd try it. I do like the the stand BUT I'm unsure if it's safe long term.

There is a gap between the tank and top of the stand in the center of the tank/stand. All four corners are sitting correctly on the surface of the stand. You can see the wall on the other side of the tank through the gap. It looks like it's sitting on one of the screws, but after having it filled with water for a couple of hours, then emptying it and moving the tank there wasn't a mark of the plastic trim. There should be if it was actually sitting on the screw right? I've heard the only part of the tank that needs any support are the four corners, so maybe this is how its attended to be? The only reason I would think this was a choice by Aqua Culture would be to avoid it sitting on the screws.
Does anyone have one of the stands? If so, does yours have a gap like this?

*Edit - Any recommendations on how to level this stand with shims? I can upload pictures of this as well, but if you already have this stand you probably will know why I'm asking.

Anyways, here are some photos,

(I just wanna have it set up without worrying it's going to leak all over my apartment.)

(No, I can't build a DIY stand, I live in an apartment and sadly don't have the space or the tools to do so.)

Thanks for taking the time to read and help out I do appreciate it!

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 16
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 16
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 16
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 15

Maxxx

Your tank won't explode or anything and structurally is fine. If you want to hide the gap you could get some of the thin tank leveling foam to go underneath to fill in the gap.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Brizburk
Replies
Views
Megaanemp