55 Gallon Aquarium Stand?

freshwaterninja

Howdy y’all,

I just recently got a 55 gallon tank, which I’m super excited about. As of right now, I have it on an old stand (not sure what it’s original purpose was, but it holds the 55 gallon tank perfectly!), but after putting about 15 gallons in it, I sort of became uneasy. I know that once it’s filled with water, it’s going to probably be close to about 600 lbs. I reinforced it a little bit by putting 1.5x1.5 posts in all four corners and a 1.5x3.5 plank in the middle, but I’m still not sure it’ll hold up. What are y’all’s thoughts? Will it be okay, or should I just go ahead and buy a new stand? The first picture is what the stand looks like, and then the other two are pictures of how I reinforced it.

Attachments

Newbie1234

Oh I can help if possible send a video of the whole stand;My father is an engineer and recently helped me to see if a stand chould support my aquarium.

freshwaterninja

Newbie1234 said:
Oh I can help if possible send a video of the whole stand;My father is an engineer and recently helped me to see if a stand chould support my aquarium.
I don’t think I can attach a video to this forum, is there any way I could get your email?

Newbie1234

Oh right sorry I don't feel comfortable giving anyone my email but you could make up for a video by taking thorough pictures

freshwaterninja

Newbie1234 said:
Oh right sorry I don't feel comfortable giving anyone my email but you could make up for a video by taking thorough pictures

Attachments

Newbie1234

Oh thank you will have to give my dad a call tomorrow morning!

Hope you don't mind the wait sorry :p

freshwaterninja

Newbie1234 said:
Oh thank you will have to give my dad a call tomorrow morning!

Hope you don't mind the wait sorry :p
What’s the verdict on the stand?

Newbie1234

He says he won't recommend it and that it should not stable

Newbie1234

Sorry I feel like a jerk I forgot to ask

Top Bottom