55 Gallon Aquarium Stand Plans Or Dual 55 Gallon Plans

gothicrose5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I am looking for help.....I am looking for plans on building a dual 55 gallon aquariun stand my space is limited so i wanted to build then on top of each other....the space i have is 59 wide height is about 8-10 feet so up isnt a problem but not to high i cant get to one of them...please help....i am by no means a woodworker so explicit plans is a must thanks for the help

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You’re no woodworker. Hmmm. But you’re able to measure and cut boards? (No offense, my hubby can’t. It’s my job). Have you thought of a heavy duty rack? I mean heavy duty. With adjustable shelves? You could even dress it up with wood. I’m going to work a couple things up. If you find something else while I play with this, I understand. I’m still going to have fun doing this. Perfect timing. I need something creative to do. Thank you!

gothicrose5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You’re no woodworker. Hmmm. But you’re able to measure and cut boards? (No offense, my hubby can’t. It’s my job). Have you thought of a heavy duty rack? I mean heavy duty. With adjustable shelves? You could even dress it up with wood. I’m going to work a couple things up. If you find something else while I play with this, I understand. I’m still going to have fun doing this. Perfect timing. I need something creative to do. Thank you!

No i havent but ill be at menards today getting carpet so ill look st those while im there...thanks for the help...my husband does the cutting some plans he cant figure out....most often i have to get my neighbor to do the cutting and putting together

Waterhobit

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What about something like this? It leaves room under the back tank for filters, although you might need a stepstool. The frame is basically just 2x4 so you wouldn't need a great deal of skill to construct, and the whole stand could be skinned with plywood.

Double Stand.png

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What about something like this? It leaves room under the back tank for filters, although you might need a stepstool. The frame is basically just 2x4 so you wouldn't need a great deal of skill to construct, and the whole stand could be skinned with plywood.

View attachment 438356
This would work, but it depends on if the filters is a canister or a HOB. If it's a HOB they can hang the front one on the side, but if it's a canister it doesn't provide much coverage to hid it, which is how I like to do it...but others have their canisters by the side...

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok. Listening to some of the posts on fishlore one thing popped out at me. Make sure your floor can hold the weight of two filled 55 gallon tanks. Good advice.
There’s also diy videos on YouTube for building tank racks. From using concrete blocks/wood planks (no tools required and actually not bad looking) to using 2x4’s with plans. My mind is still conjuring though. Trying to keep it simple is my problem. I dream big.
After you get back from store I’ll ask some questions.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

View attachment 438356
I don’t know about others but I’d be constantly dribbling/spilling from top tank to bottom. Not bad though.

gothicrose5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok. Listening to some of the posts on fishlore one thing popped out at me. Make sure your floor can hold the weight of two filled 55 gallon tanks. Good advice.
There’s also diy videos on YouTube for building tank racks. From using concrete blocks/wood planks (no tools required and actually not bad looking) to using 2x4’s with plans. My mind is still conjuring though. Trying to keep it simple is my problem. I dream big.
After you get back from store I’ll ask some questions.
I got floor jacks to support the weight

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got floor jacks to support the weight
Awesome! Did you look at YouTube? I kinda like the cement blocks. But don’t at the same time. Maybe if they were painted. Cause I can’t stand the feeling of blocks.

gothicrose5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Awesome! Did you look at YouTube? I kinda like the cement blocks. But don’t at the same time. Maybe if they were painted. Cause I can’t stand the feeling of blocks.

my 10 gallon is on cinder blocks

gothicrose5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i would love to know how they built the pine aquarium stands like the one in the photo that is what im really trying to find i know they used staples but im not sure how to do that....if anyone in fishlore land is from minnesota and can help please do...i have been for months trying to find plans for this type but no luck.....

Attachments

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
this is one of the options i am considering as well please watch the you tube vid....
Not sure I’d like having to move the couch for maintenance and stuff. Think he may be wishing he’d put a vertical support in the middle as well. Just my opinion.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i would love to know how they built the pine aquarium stands like the one in the photo that is what im really trying to find i know they used staples but im not sure how to do that....if anyone in fishlore land is from minnesota and can help please do...i have been for months trying to find plans for this type but no luck.....
You could make a cabinet like this using screws. I’m not fond of staples. The bottom cabt could be like this with the other tank up above.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom