55 Gallon Angelfish Tank

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi everyone. I appreciate everyone's comments!!! I was wondering if it would look better if I put some tall hair grass plant's in the corner's instead of the short plant's?

Ohio Mark

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Dawn Michele said:
Hi everyone. I appreciate everyone's comments!!! I was wondering if it would look better if I put some tall hair grass plant's in the corner's instead of the short plant's?
It might... I like it as it is, but visualizing taller plants in the corner does give it some balance.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ohio Mark said:
It might... I like it as it is, but visualizing taller plants in the corner does give it some balance.
Thanks for your input Mark. I appreciate it. I might play around with it and see how it looks.

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree. Some taller plants in the back would look nice. Bring the smaller plants to the front and maybe find a nice looking centerpiece plant to offset from center in front of the wood.

Looking great already. I really like your two grass looking plants you have.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tfreema said:
I agree. Some taller plants in the back would look nice. Bring the smaller plants to the front and maybe find a nice looking centerpiece plant to offset from center in front of the wood.

Looking great already. I really like your two grass looking plants you have.
Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. IM also thinking about getting a bigger plant for between the grass looking plant's.

IM thinking about one of these plants for the middle.

I don't know if I should stay with different shades of green or add the burgundy red plant to be different?

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tfreema said:
Personally, I would do the burgundy.

Have you thought about live plants?
I had some Java Fern a while back ago when I had a different set up and it got messed up when I took it out the tank. I could put something on the pieces of driftwood. What do you suggest that would be easy?

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Anubias barteri, nana, and nana petite would be nice on the drift wood. That's a little variation in sizes from small to medium.

If you want bigger variation and dimension, add a java fern on the back side or even to another small piece of wood. Lacy java fern is pretty.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tfreema said:
Anubias barteri, nana, and nana petite would be nice on the drift wood. That's a little variation in sizes from small to medium.

If you want bigger variation and dimension, add a java fern on the back side or even to another small piece of wood. Lacy java fern is pretty.
Thanks again for all your help. I will take a picture when I decide what to do.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom