55 gal tank - under construction

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I am not finished decorating this one yet. Just kind of adding a bit at a time. I am not sure yet what I might do with the large open space in the center. I want to be sure and leave plenty of swimming space!

Sean

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
woow! cool tank!!!!! what kind of fish r u going to buy?

OP
S

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Right now I have angels and serpae. I am thinking of adding rainbows next, once I am sure the water quality has stabilized from the addition of the angels. I am also thinking of angelicus loaches.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Maybe in the middle you could put a plant that grows long fronds for them to swim thru? Not sure what the name of those are, we had one grow from a Betta Bulb, but it's grown into a great tank that curves & loops and the Betta loves swimming around in it.

OP
S

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Here are some updated shots. Added a plant or two and a background.

bbfeckawitts

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice tank. I have the exact same background on mine!

It was the only one petsmart had, other than a coral reef one which I didn't like :-\
Brianna

OP
S

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Heh...lfs had so darned many it made my head spin! I must say I am really surprised at how dark the background looks once installed. I thought it would be a little brighter. Oh, well...I guess the fish should be the attraction anyway, not the background!

OP
S

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Here are some pics of the angels and one of the turqois rainbows. The red is not interested in being photographed at this time. I swear the little guy is juiced up on speed or something!

DefFishLover

Reaction score
sgould

Hey dude nice Fish tanks.. I was wonder is those plants fake? Maybe I'm right.. Other question how did u get nice float bubble on your tank u know wiht tube blowing water out, how did u do that? I trying find out how do it.. can u help me out thanks

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is that your red hiding out near the cave & behind the rock in the 1st pic and in front of the group of angels in one of the other pics? Tank really looks great, even better with these new beauties.

OP
S

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Is that your red hiding out near the cave & behind the rock in the 1st pic and in front of the group of angels in one of the other pics? Tank really looks great, even better with these new beauties.
That is one of the serpaes. The red rainbow is quite a bit bigger, but he is so active right now that I can't get a shot of him. Maybe once he is used to the tank he will slow down a bit.

I was wonder is those plants fake? Maybe I'm right.. Other question how did u get nice float bubble on your tank u know wiht tube blowing water out, how did u do that?
Yes, the plants are all fake. I'm not brave enough to try live ones yet. The bubbles are coming from a disc shaped air stone I got from the fish store. It is weighted, so I put it on the bottom and covered it with substrate so everything blends together. The disc itself is a bright blue/green color, so it would really stand out if it was not covered. The disc has an air tube running to it from an air pump that is sitting on a shelf under the tank. This tube is what you are seeing in the picture. The tubing and the pump are also available at any fish store. It is extremely easy to set up. Basically you just connect the tubing on each end, plug in the pump, and you are done. The air pumps are fairly inexpensive, and the tubing is really cheap. There is a big variety of air stone sizes and shapes, so you should be able to find something you like.

DefFishLover

Reaction score
sgould

Oh yeah I see what you talking about Airpumpwith little big when air go runny while the tube go bubble.. look like the tube cover the stone rock.. right? I wil check it out.. I have few setup in my 55 tanks but I have same size as your tank Sometime I don't like look my own tanks with small wide side ya know? I planed get 75 gallson same long tanks and big wide need more room ha. maybe in future .. If I wanted put 75 gallons in tanks, I take 55 gallon water cycle and pour in other 75G tanks. It was for simple.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love those round air stones, I only have a petco in our town, but here in Denver I saw them at Petsmart. I'm planning to get some when we can on our next DFS order (if they have them.)

Skadunkadunk

Reaction score
The tank looks great. In the last photo, it looked like a few of the angels were cleaning off the rock, you may see some breeding soon.

OP
S

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That'd be cool, but I think they are too young. If I had to guess, I'd say they are at most 4-5 months old. I've had them for 1, but I do not know how they were when I got them.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sgould said:
That'd be cool, but I think they are too young. If I had to guess, I'd say they are at most 4-5 months old. I've had them for 1, but I do not know how they were when I got them.
Yea, it would.. I bet a little school of baby angels would be very cute & fun to watch. When they get older, if you want them to, I hope they'll give you a great batch of baby angels.

OP
S

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm hoping so. Probably have a little time yet though.

New Threads