55 gal Community Re-aquascaped

1. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Well for a bit now we have been thinking of making the 55 gal just for Angels, Cories, Danios and Rainbows. We had a good amount of Mollies, Platys, tons of livebreeders so we decided to take them to the LFS and the guy I know there told me if I want it to trade all the 20 or 30 fish for another pair of Angels well guess what I said? yes of course. :happy0064: So a few weeks ago looked around for 3M Colorquartz was hard to find since 3M is discontinued the product. Looked around till found a company in CA that had only one bag left of Black grade S so We got it. Have been putting it for later till today. Changed the blue and black gravel to Black Colorquartz. So also we were a bit tired of the background so I looked at the one on the opposite side and looked like would work so we flipped over and began with the good stuff. :anim_65: The wife want it to plant the tank and arrange it this time. Here are the pics. I think she should do it more often. :giggle:

Attached Files:

2. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

More Pics

:anim_65: Enjoy. Comments and Ideas are :sign0016: as always. :anim_65:

Attached Files:

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

It looks great! I love the Angels. :)

4. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Thanks Lucy.:;toast
    :oops: forgot to post the pics of the new guys.

Attached Files:

5. Regal Well Known Member Member

Great job aquascaping! Your angels are very pretty!

6. Elvishswimmer Member Member

Wow! Its beautiful!!

7. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:) Your wife did a fantastic job! Love the new substrate and the cream colored river rocks make a lovely contrast against the black. Great work!!! :;toast

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Looks great Mr. and Mrs. Navy! :;perfect Beautiful fish!
    Ken

9. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Thank you guys and gals. That's what I told her. She did awesome but she think I'm just saying cuz is my wife. :;smack

10. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Looks awesome, Navy! If she runs out of tanks to aquascape, feel free to send her up here! I'd love some of my tanks to look like that! That looks fantastic!

Love your new angels, too! They're gorgeous!

11. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

I showed her ur message and she laugh I told her I could hire her and she smile. hahaha

12. haddaj04 Member Member

Your newly designed tank looks 10 times better, good job!

13. Betafish305ca Member Member

awesome stuff! looks great! :)

14. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Thanks Let me see if I can post some pics soon the plants have spread and are looking healthy.

15. lorabell Well Known Member Member

WOW!!!!!! Looks fabulous!!!!!!

16. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

new pics

Here are a few pics from just few minutes ago gotta arrange sand again since the vacuum moved it. ;D

Attached Files:

17. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I was just going to ask...... how do you plan on keeping those stones in their neat little lines when you gravel vac? ;)

18. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That looks fabulous! Awesome job, Navy:;hug2

19. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

great job scubes!!!!! never noticed but i have the same tank and stand in my hallway LOL

20. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Beautiful!! Let me know when she hits the road to do our aquascaping...I need it...she gets 3 days in Maryland at the beach.