55-75 Gallon Stocking Idea

Gameynerd23

Hello, I just wanted to share my stocking for a tank I'm going to be getting. It's either going to be a 55 or a 75, so the lower side of the groups will be for the smaller tank and the larger group sizes will be for the larger tank.

2 Bolivian Rams
12-16 Cherry Barbs
12-16 Harlequin Rasboras
12-16 Head and Tail Light Tetras
12-16 Red Becford's Pencilfish
12-16 Kuhli Loaches
6-8 Ivory Mystery Snails
12-16 Habrosus Corys (Salt and Pepper Corys)

AqAdvisor tells me my tank will be 121% stocked and to do 43% water changes weekly, but I'll bump it up to 50%.

FishSupreme

Sounds good. What kind of filtration will you be using. Being heavily planted will also help.

Upvote 0

fallfever

I have a very similar setup in a 55 minus the loaches. I like how you're stocking all levels and the colors you've chosen. Mine is an active, vibrant tank that has flourished for several years. Would love to see it you're finished. Just keep those water changes up...that's a lot of fish.

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

I have a very similar setup in a 55 minus the loaches. I like how you're stocking all levels and the colors you've chosen. Mine is an active, vibrant tank that has flourished for several years. Would love to see it you're finished. Just keep those water changes up...that's a lot of fish.
Yep, I'm gonna do 50% weekly. I'm glad to hear a similar setup is working and I can't wait to get it all running smoothly.

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

UPDATE:

I can't decide between these two stocking options, maybe someone can weigh in...

Option 1: Nano
1 Male Koi Betta
16 Cherry Barbs
16 Head and Tail Light Tetras
16 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Clown Pleco
16 Habrosus Corys
16 Kuhli Loaches
8 Assassin Snails

Option 2: Even More Nano
1 Male Koi Betta
24 Chili Rasboras