54L tank stocking ideas with high Ph

heihaci

I'm waiting for my 54L tank to cycle(60cmx30cmx30cm) and considering my Ph values are 7.5 to 8 i was thinking of getting two platys and two guppies and 10 ember tetras.

Is this overstocked? should i just stick with platys and guppies(total 4)?

PlantedCommunityTank132

I think hat would be a bit overstocked. I would stick one species, and have, lets say 12 ember tetras in the tank.

Fisch

What would be your favorite fish for your tank if you would not worry about the ph?
Many fish adapt pretty well outside their original ph range. 7.5 to 8 is not so bad.

ProudPapa

For tanks under 75 L (and sometimes larger) I'm a big believer in only one species.

After typing that I realized that's not what you asked. I think you're right on the edge of being overstocked, but it will probably be okay. The stocking isn't what I'd do, but it's your tank and you should stock it the way you want.

heihaci

I think hat would be a bit overstocked. I would stick one species, and have, lets say 12 ember tetras in the tank.
Thanks I find tetras too small so maybe less fish but just platys or guppies. I'm happy with just more than one fish
What would be your favorite fish for your tank if you would not worry about the ph?
Many fish adapt pretty well outside their original ph range. 7.5 to 8 is not so bad.
ideally wanted Betta fish as centre piece fish and a few other fish but heard that Betta dont go along. Then looked at Red gourami as centre piece with celestial pearl danios but there ph suitability seems lower and my tank water is not soft so started thinking about platys/guppies and embers because of their hardiness
For tanks under 75 L (and sometimes larger) I'm a big believer in only one species.

After typing that I realized that's not what you asked. I think you're right on the edge of being overstocked, but it will probably be okay. The stocking isn't what I'd do, but it's your tank and you should stock it the way you want.
thanks i will cut down on the number worst case two platys and embers or just 3 x platys/guppies

heihaci

so i ended up getting 3 platies
seems like they are enjoying the space. one of them is a bully and keeps chasing the mickey mouse platy.

I still feel I could fit in one more centre peace fish. i did see a red robin gourami at LFS..do you think it will go well with the platies?

20220123_123957.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fishbreeeder
Replies
Views
Donovan Jones
  • Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa