50 watt heater suggestions

awilkinson871

So I read enough on this site to realize I really need a QT/hospital tank. I picked up a cheap 10 gallon LED starter kit at WalMart for $35. Now I need a heater. Reviews are mixed on everything I read and many mention the heater overheating and killing all the fish. Does anyone have any actual personal experience on a good one? I prefer adjustable temp in case I ever have to increase temp with meds. TIA.

SouthAmericanCichlids

So I read enough on this site to realize I really need a QT/hospital tank. I picked up a cheap 10 gallon LED starter kit at WalMart for $35. Now I need a heater. Reviews are mixed on everything I read and many mention the heater overheating and killing all the fish. Does anyone have any actual personal experience on a good one? I prefer adjustable temp in case I ever have to increase temp with meds. TIA.
Almost all heaters have bad reviews. The best you can do is get 2 heaters and an inkbird, if one breaks and overheats the tank, the other will take care of it and the inkbird will keep the other from overheating your tank.

Upvote 0

bigbro1959

All of my heaters are Eheim Jager (3). Not sure if they are the best, I'm sure there are others that are just as good, but for me they are very reliable and reasonably priced.

Upvote 0

Islandvic

I've used cheap 50w & 100w Aqueon heaters thay I find on sale for 5 & 10g tanks.

Upvote 0

Jack B Nimble

I use Eheim jagger as well.

Upvote 0

FishDin

I had an expensive titanium one that lasted until the warranty expired and then it died. I've had several cheap Aquatop heaters last for many years. Your mileage may vary...

I recently bought my first Eheim Jager. It's seems very well made

If it were me, I'd just get something cheap since it will rarely get used.

Upvote 0

Motherlovebetta

I have 50 w aquatop heater in my 10 gallon and it hasn’t had any issues since I started using it in March. It’s always at a steady 82 degrees. I am going to turn that into my QT tank soon.

Upvote 0

Fisch

I am a fan of the Cobalt Neotherm heaters as they don't have a glass tube, they are flat, they are adjustable, and they are reliable. After wasting my money on the cheap heaters as they left me cold after a short time, the Neotherms are in the Betta tank and QT.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • blindfaith429
  • Heater
Replies
Views
blindfaith429
  • Question
  • Skrabbitskrabbit
  • Heater
Replies