50 Gallon Tank (still cycling)

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by WetWork, Dec 31, 2012.

1. WetWork

WetWorkValued MemberMember

Here is my tank minus Fish, still cycling. This should be the finished product I dont believe I will add anything else. I am running a Tetra Whisper EX70 (minus the bioscrubber, i took those out and put foam in),AC20, 2 heaters and the Marineland Double Bright LED (48in-60in). The plants I have are 4 Anubias Nana, 1 Java Fern and 1 Hornwart. My stock list will look like this 6 Panda cories, 7 Black Neon Tetras, 6 Rosy Barbs, 1 Apisto Borelli and 1 Apisto Agassizi. Any thoughts/upgrades would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

Wow, that's a pretty tank! What kind of substrate is that?

Your stock looks great, though you could definitely add a school or two if you wanted ;)

3. OP
    OP
    WetWork

Its just polished pebbles, I like the look of it.

4. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

Ahh I see! The lights made it look like there was sand mixed in too :)

5. pirahnah3

pirahnah3Fishlore VIPMember

I really like the tank looks great!

As for the stock I def think you can add another school or up the school you have.

6. OP
    OP
    WetWork

thanks any suggestions of another school to add?

7. pirahnah3

pirahnah3Fishlore VIPMember

could get a little exotic and do some blue eyed rainbows or some cherry barbs or even some gold barbs. Depends on the other colors you want to see in the tank.

8. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Your tank looks great.

If it were my tank, I would move your Java Fern to the back of the tank and not submerge the rhizomes into your substrate since it will kill the plant in having the rhizomes buried. Java Fern in my tank grows wild and huge.

Another thing I spotted that your Anubias Congensis...the Anubias between the Java Fern and the other Anubias you have tied to the driftwood should not also be buried into the substrate.

In stocking wise, I've always like Kerri Tetras.

9. OP
    OP
    WetWork

AmazonPassion, I will move the Java Fern thanks for the advice. The Anubias's roots are actually just kind of stuffed into a crack in the driftwood, the pic does make it look like it is buried though.