5 Or 6 Bolivian Rams In A 20h

1. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

Can I keep 5-6 Bolivian Rams in a 20H to pair?
  2. KaderTheAnt Well Known Member Member

I believe 5 would be your limit if you're only keeping them in there to pair off. I'd move them as soon as you got a pair though, Bolivian rams can be very aggressive to their own kind.

3. JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

Depend are you only looking for a pair and then rehoming or you mean to keep them permanently?

if it's to fine a single pair , then yes I would get male and 3 females and let the male choose which females he likes and rehome the other two females.

if it's to keep all 5 in their permanently then no I wouldn't not enough lenght. More then 1 male in a 20g high is only asking for problems , they will easily find eachother and fight tell one is stress to death.
  4. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

In a 20h I would do one pair maximum once they're adults. You can keep 5 in there if they are young but long term that's not enough space.

5. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

It's for pairing purposes only. I'm prepared to rehome them to other tanks.
  6. sweendog87 Member Member

That sometimes is the only way to find a pair as your lfs workers will have no idea if they are male or female goof luck
  7. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

It's how most are paired off anyway. I've got Gold Rams and GBRs to pair off.

8. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, you can.

9. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I'm working on getting the tank now as I'd also like it to be a permanent home for some Ivory Mystery Snails I'd like to breed.