5 of my 6 bettas!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by beckers4oranges, Apr 26, 2006.

1. beckers4oranges

beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

here are 5 outta the 6 bettas of mine...the other one is at my girlfriends house...yet to be pictured

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    beckers4oranges

the first one is Austin hes the biggest one...i saw him at the aquarium store..and fell for him...hes about 2 1/2 inches...

the second guy is Money... his caudal fin looks like a quarter or some type of coin when he flares....its awesome...he was the 4th

the third guy is JAzz... he is a poser for sure... the other betta not pictured is similar to him but not a crowntail...jazz is the king of his tank and also is the 2nd addition

the forth guy doesnt have a name...he is the newest member...that red color is actually a dark pink...this picture does nothing for his beauty but its the best i could do...

the last guy is Masta...hes my baby and he was the first fish ive gotten...i bought him on December 28th almost 4 months ago...he hasnt grown much as i just got him a new place to call his... he now lives happily in a 2.5 gallon hex tank

3. fish_r_friend

fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

sweet bettas :D

4. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Beautiful Bettas and pictures!! Thanks for sharing!
    Carol

5. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Awesome Bettas!

6. Gunnie

GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Excellent! That 1st photo is especially awesome!

7. chickadee

chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

WOW!!!!  What Beautiful Babies!!!  Congratulations!!!

Oh such beautiful Bettas.  It is so nice to see Masta again.  He is a great favorite of mine.  The others are spectacular.  Great pictures and great job for taking Betta photos.  I know how challenging that can be.

Beautiful!

Rose
    :)

8. chickadee

Do you mind if I borrow a couple of your pictures to use as covers for my greeting card fronts? I make greeting cards in my "spare time" and am always looking for pictures. Some of these are LOVELY.

Rose

p.s. I may from time to time ask others of you the same question as I would like to come out with a box of cards with nothing but Tropical Fish pictures on them. If you want to tell me NO please feel free, but I have seen some of the most beautiful pictures on this site and so many sites are copyrighted. These cards are not produced for profit of any kind, just for my own enjoyment and to give to friends and family. Although if anyone who donates a picture is interested I would gladly see they got a set to compensate them for the use of their picture.

Thanks.

9. fish_r_friend

fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

in addition to that i love the first pic it makes me want to get one so bad Austen is so beautiful

10. chickadee

;D

Are we giving you Betta Fever? It is something like MTS you know. Very hard to resist them, isn't it?

Well they are darlings, that is why we are here and heaven knows it is hard to pass them up at the pet stores in their little bowls. Maybe you will end up with one yet. ;)

Rose

11. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

MBS. Multiple Betta Syndrome. Often a secondary infection with MTS. ;D

12. chickadee

I was just reading your signature and noticed you have a little one named Pearl. Is this by chance a little lady? I hadn't heard that we had another little girl in our midst. Pearl must be the one at your girlfriend's home, right?

Rose

13. OP
    OP
    beckers4oranges

you are right...pearl is at my now x girlfriends house...but he is moving back home with me cuz she doesnt want him...and yes it is a male betta... i am thinking about putting a female betta one of my tanks tho...and trying to breed them... sell them in the paper or what not...any recomends?

oh yes rose you can use my pictures...ill get more of any one you want too..

14. chickadee

I can send a good description of the breeding process, but first let me ask you,

1) do you have the room for at least a 55 gallon tank for raising the fry until you remove the males to their individual containers to keep them from killing each other? (You will have to keep it set up for the females even after you take the males out of the tank)

2) do you have the time to do 50% water changes on the large tank and each and every one of the small containers every day and keep them cycled and heated, etc, like you would for any other betta?

I hate to discourage you but the Betta is almost the hardest fish I have read about to breed as far as time and space and sheer endurance is concerned. Most fish have 1 breeding tank where a Betta can have a hundred or more depending on the number of containers/jars you have for the males. I couldn't do it, but if you believe you can I wish you the best. I know you care about Bettas and would do the best for them.

Rose

15. OP
    OP
    beckers4oranges

i probably wont have time...but in the near future i would like to attempt it...

16. chickadee

Good luck, you do have some beautiful guys to breed. Just one more thing, the Bettas bought through pet stores are sometimes too old to breed. The breeders keep them long enough to get them through the prime breeding age. If you want to breed Bettas the best bet is to buy a pair from a breeder direct to make sure they are young enough.

Rose
    :D

17. Angellover

AngelloverNew MemberMember

LOL! Ilove your betta's! Ive always had two betta's, but my other one died of old age and now I only have one.

18. OP
    OP
    beckers4oranges

may he rest in peace... and thanks for the complement

19. chickadee

I am so sorry to hear that you lost a Betta, but happy you still have one. They are such unique little buddies. Welcome.

Rose
    :(