5 newly added striped tiger barbs

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
My baby platys finally got big enough that I could add some more fish to my 55 gal. tank. So I went out and bought 5 new tiger barbs. The only problem is, they keep chasing my panda cory's around. I haven't noticed any fin nipping, but they can be quite aggravating to the panda's who are very peaceful. Can it be that the barbs think that the panda corys are one of there own since they are also striped? They aren't bothering any of the other fish. Does anyone think they might calm down eventually? I've been thinking about putting my "B*tch Fish "Elvira" (a female molly) into the tank with them to teach them some manners ;D ;D
But I don't want any of em to actually get hurt.

Any ideas out there???? ???

dymmig89

Reaction score
Yes Tiger barbs are the worst community fish. I had some and they started destroying my tank, they almost killed my gold barbs and my cory before they turned on each other. Two were nipped so bad one night when I woke up they could not swim anymore. I mercifully killed them and let the rest go. I would recommend trying to get something else they usually do not stop attacking once they start.

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
I myself have a 55 gallon tank with six tiger barbs and two bala sharks when I frist added them they acted wild but after a few days they came around and fit in real nice.I enjoy watching them swim they are very pretty and active.

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have since relocated my panda's to the 10 gal. tank, and took the two cory's I had in there into the 55 gal. tank. The B*tch fish Elvira doesn't bother the corys in the tank. Now my panda's will live happily ever after. I'm partial to my panda cory's cause they are the only original fish I have from when I first got into this hobby back in Feb.

czarben

Reaction score
I have 5 tiger barbs in a tank with a rainbow shark. I had them in with my gouramis at first but they chased them. Tiger barbs are great on there own. They are very active and lots of fun to watch, but not very good tank mates with most fish.

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
What's funny is the tiger barbs don't mess with any of the mollies, platy, or other cory's. Just the panda's. I don't know if it's because the panda's are striped like the tiger barbs and they think that the panda's are other tiger barbs, or what?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom