5 Neon tetras

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have 5 neon tetras in my 15gall tank along with 8 danios (6 zebra, 2 Leopard). I originaly had 5 neons but one died on 28th July, and since then I have noticed that the Neons are chasing each other and the danios more, or are just staying still amongst the plants and not swimming. :-\ They used to be very active. Do you think maybe I should get anothe neon to make the group back up to 6 again?

Thanks

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry I missed your post They should settle down after a bit. If not then you can add another. Their behaviour at this point sounds pretty nprmal to me.
Carol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks.

I just realised something.  :-\ When I said :
Gwenz said:
I originaly had 5 neons but one died on 28th July,
I meant to say "I originaly had 6 neons but one died on 28th July,"

Sorry. :-\

I'll see what happens, and if this continues I will add another. Thanks Carol.

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
There was one of the 5 I have left that always hid in the back of the tank, but now he comes out and swimms with the others more. If I watch from a distance they will swim a lot, but if I go to sit right next to the tank the will hide (unless I am feeding them and they swim to the surface to get the food. ). Are they scared of me or something? ???

I will keep watching them, and I'll wait to see if they get more confident or not. If they don't, I might buy another to make their group up to 6.

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom