5 month olds pregnant or just chubby? Question

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Akari_32, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

how soon can healthy, well feed guppies get pregnent? i have a few that are 5-6 months (i cant remember lol) that look like they maybe, but it could just be they're fat >.< they all act like i dont feed them -sigh-

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

I would say they are pregnant, 5 months is plenty old enough :) Guppys become sexually mature around the same time you can tell- for definite- what gender they are

3. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

kinda what i thot lol they gravid spots are kinda greyish, but i was asking because they're mom had a dark gravid spot in general, tho their grandma had a very light, pale pink one, even when pregnant. cant wait to see who the dad's turn out to be tho! altho, i do have a feeling thats it either their brothers or their father.... -sigh- fish have no dignity lol

4. platy ben

Haha :D Ohwel :) Aslong as the fry are healthy thats the main thing! :p

5. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

yeah lol they're cute too! i love baby fish! ok, i love baby anything! the males are all perfect combinations between the father and mother too! its so funny >.<

6. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

one of the little girls is pretty close to dropping! she was on the far side of the tank having a bit of a panic attack when i got home a little bit ago lol she's not quite sure what to think about it >.< she's really small (all of them are. they top off at about 1 1/3 inches), so im not sure how it'll go. hopefully theres only one or two fry in there. i wouldnt want to lose such a pretty baby =(

7. platy ben

Aww, she should okay, just tell her shes doing fine and to PUSHHHH!!!! Lol :p

8. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

lol if only that worked >.< i cant wait till i can get summore gups tho! im looking for some nice bottom swords and a couple more females to keep my lines nice and clean (i have the father and off-spring)

9. platy ben

Cool :D I had a load of guppies in my 8G, I spent in total, £6 buying adults, I sold all of the ones I had produced in about 8 months for £20 :D Profit £££ :p lol.

10. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

unfortunately, none of the local stores here will buy guppies, but they take 'donations'. my favorite store just got some really nice pairs, tho im not sure if i wunna spend $5 on two fish.... decisions, decisions =(

11. platy ben

Hmm, I think its worth it :) I didn't sell mine to the fish store, I sold mine to a school friends parents :D
    Won't they do store credit? This morning my LFS gave me £7 off my 2 new boseman rainbows because I took in 7 Brevis fry for them :)

12. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

hmm. they might. i didnt think to ask about that. good idea! i may be going tomorrow (the breeders net has 13 fry and 1 adult in it ^_^'> ), so i'll ask then!

13. platy ben

It looks better if you ask for store credit not cash, because then the store can be sure you're going to spend the money there, rather than at a possible competitors :)

14. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

well i asked if they bought fish and the lady working there said not ussually and that most people just give them guppies (as someone just recently had. also they got 25 pairs in the other day). i'll ask for credit if we go tomorrow tho! =D

15. platy ben

Cool :) Well if you do go please leave a message on my profile to tell me how it went! :)

16. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

okkie dokie! will do!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice