5 month old flowerhorn started pooping white poop

Tony90

My 5 month old flowerhorn started pooping white poop about 2 weeks ago.ive used fluke and tapeworm from blue planet to try and treat it.I followed the directions on the bottle.I'm not sure if it is working as he is still doing the white poops and hasn't eaten for nearly a week.Does anybody have any advice on what I should do or if there's anything I should use or can recommend?? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Jo7984

Completing the emergency template might help the more experienced guys help out.

I don't think white poop is always a sign of illness. Obviously there are times when it is. I've see that when fish don't eat they can have white poop because they have nothing in them to come out.

Upvote 0

Tony90

Completing the emergency template might help the more experienced guys help out.

I don't think white poop is always a sign of illness. Obviously there are times when it is. I've see that when fish don't eat they can have white poop because they have nothing in them to come out.
Yea I agree but in my case he was pooping white even on a full belly not fasting and now has stoped eating if he was still eating I wouldn't be so worried.

Thanks do u have any ideas?

Upvote 0

IntegralGuy

If it is illness, it's most likely an internal parasite.

Upvote 0

JasperWard

My 5 month old flowerhorn started pooping white poop about 2 weeks ago.ive used fluke and tapeworm from blue planet to try and treat it.I followed the directions on the bottle.I'm not sure if it is working as he is still doing the white poops and hasn't eaten for nearly a week.Does anybody have any advice on what I should do or if there's anything I should use or can recommend?? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
I have heard good things about para-cleanse but i would ask someone more experienced

Upvote 0

Madchild57

If it's every once in a while white poop there's no issue, but if its every day for 2 weeks it's likely a problem. Did you change anything in your tank recently that would introduce a parasite? Any other symptoms besides the poop and not eating, i.e. swelling?

Upvote 0

Tony90

If it's every once in a while white poop there's no issue, but if its every day for 2 weeks it's likely a problem. Did you change anything in your tank recently that would introduce a parasite? Any other symptoms besides the poop and not eating, i.e. swelling?
Yea belly is a bit swollen like a lil bulge it's getting smaller since I treated but definitely a bulge in belly

Upvote 0

Madchild57

Yea belly is a bit swollen like a lil bulge it's getting smaller since I treated but definitely a bulge in belly
What do you feed? Typically the stomach sinks in if it's a parasite. A very similar thing happened to me with a gourami I have, turned out to be constipation, it swelled up, didn't move, clear poop, and lasted about a week then it acted normal.
Was there anything you did that would have introduced a parasite? Because if a tank is running for 5 months the same as always, I don't think it would be a parasite.

Upvote 0

Tony90

What do you feed? Typically the stomach sinks in if it's a parasite. A very similar thing happened to me with a gourami I have, turned out to be constipation, it swelled up, didn't move, clear poop, and lasted about a week then it acted normal.
Was there anything you did that would have introduced a parasite? Because if a tank is running for 5 months the same as always, I don't think it would be a parasite.
I haven't added anything lately but I think it has come from either bloodworms or prawns or

Now only pellets but he's not eating
Should I continue with same treatment or try something different im considering taking to fish vet

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jbuds
Replies
Views
BigFish99
Replies
Views
Kowko94
Replies