5 male Guppies

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought 5 male guppies, and I thought I'd just post some pics of them.

Their names are Joe, Junior, Sam, Spike Lee, and Mac

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Here are some more (I like pics ;D)

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We like pics also Those are beautiful 3/4 blacks Gwenz. It's unusual to find those in the store.
Carol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. At the store, they didn't have names on top of them, just guppies - male/female. Which ones are the 3/4 blacks? The blue and red ones or the others?

Thanks

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They're so colorful and beautiful! And what a gorgeous tank!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
3/4 black just means that 3/4 of their body is black and some other color. You don't usually see that much black except in guppies especially bred for that feature. most chain stores wouldn't know what to call them anyway, just guppies.
They are really pretty, I wish my guppies would sit still long enough to take pictures
Carol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK. Thanks. They don't realy stay still, I just had to take the pictures and hope for the best.

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is a beautiful tank and the fish are very colorful and lively. They look very happy where they are and I love the plants. You did a very nice job. I hope you enjoy your babies. Good job girl!!!!

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, Mac (one of the blue and black guppies) died this morning. :'( The others are all fine though.

Gwenz

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
luv the pics gwenz nice looking tank,and your new guppys look amazing very colourful..it makes me want to get some myself.. ..

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry to hear about Mac This is why you quarentine, so glad you did.
Carol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes me too. I'm just glad that the others are OK.

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am so sorry about Mac. He had a problem from the store or he would not have gotten sick so fast. I am so glad the others are okay and doing well.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Again I send my sympathies :'(

Rose
:'(

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you Rose. You are very kind.

My mum phoned the lfs where I got them from, and they said to take him back and to take a sample of the water, and if the they test and see that the water is fine they will get me another guppy. ;D So hopfully I will get another one tomorrow, b/c I tested the tank and everything is fine.

Gwenz

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi gwenz im sorry mac didnt make it. but thats good news... my lfs (the one i go to most) has the same policy..gives you peace of mind to know that it probably wasnt anything to do with what you have done that made mac die.. and the lfs is probably a good one..to give that type of garantee must meen that they look after there fish..

good luck with the new guppy ;D ..

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks david. It is a great lfs, their guarantee is 72 hours, but if you phone up to say something is wrong but can't go back within those 72 hours they will help you anyway, as long as you have phoned up before hand. It's realy good.

Hopfully I will have a new guppy be the end of today.

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am so glad things are working out. It sounds like the store is really trying to be fair. Good luck and best wishes with the new little one.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've got the new guppy. ;D He is called Bruno. He looks exactly like Mac, but his colour is more brown than blue. The others have realy taken too him and follow him everywhere. They aren't chasing him they just seem to follow him as if showing hima around the tank. It's realy funny to watch. I'll try getting some pics of him tomorrow.

Gwenz

Lucy_kk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hmmm i rly want some guppies, they r so colourful, cept i wouldnt want babies to stress over...

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Then you buy all males and you do not have the babies to worry over.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom