5 Gallon Stock

ornithurae

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello
I bought a five gallon tank today and Im not sure what I plan on stocking it with. I was thinking either a betta, guppies, or a pea puffer...

Are there any fish youd reccomed I put in a five gallon? What are your experiences with the fish above?

Also this won't be my first tank, I have two others and have been in the hobby for maybe a year and a half. I wouldnt say I'm a beginner but I'm also not super experienced

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That’s a great option! I think you could do any one of the choices you selected, and be fine. Guppies are a bit more limited in a 5 gallon, usually not the best choice, as there’s more unique options.

I like bettas and shrimp, with some snails. I also keep bettas singly in a five gallon, that’s a cute choice

ornithurae

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That’s a great option! I think you could do any one of the choices you selected, and be fine. Guppies are a bit more limited in a 5 gallon, usually not the best choice, as there’s more unique options.

I like bettas and shrimp, with some snails. I also keep bettas singly in a five gallon, that’s a cute choice
Yeah I was a little iffy on guppies, so I'll probably stick to Betta or puffer or something. Shrimp are also really fun so that's another option.

wrs2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You should be able to do endlers! They are like guppies but smaller and you may be able to find them cheap as some LFS sell them as feeder guppies!

ornithurae

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You should be able to do endlers! They are like guppies but smaller and you may be able to find them cheap as some LFS sell them as feeder guppies!
I've never had endlers but they're really pretty so I'll add that to my list of possibilities

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom