5 gallon rcs tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Jswin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. JswinWell Known MemberMember

Finally got fluval spec v the way I want it after getting some RCS from EricV

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438997923.578274.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438997896.465160.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

Oooh. Looks good pal!

~ <-----thats one of those cool squiggly lines you do before a signature.

3. EricVFishlore VIPMember

Nice setup. I'm sure the sakuras will love it

4. JswinWell Known MemberMember

I think the shrimp are happy. One died from getting in the filter but I fixed so that won't happen again. I now have two berried shrimp. The start to my colony EricV
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1440444764.428639.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1440444715.471177.jpg

5. JswinWell Known MemberMember

Update on the shrimp tank. Multiplying like crazy. Had to fix the filter intake because babies were getting around where I thought I had it fixed and into the filter, so I superglued a piece of fine mesh to the overflow so all is good now.
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1443755200.574573.jpg

6. JswinWell Known MemberMember

Added 6 emerald dwarf rasbora (microrasbora erythromiron) to the tank. Thought they were a beautiful fish and they wouldn't make it in my other tanks so I figured they wouldn't do to much harm to my shrimp population seeing as how they won't be bigger than an adult rcs

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1445305654.808006.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1445305673.815568.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1445305685.523109.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1445305698.309080.jpg

7. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Beautiful! I've had my eye on that species too. Nano fish are great!

8. OceanicFlight815Valued MemberMember

9. JswinWell Known MemberMember

Yeah when I decided on nano fish with the rcs I originally thought about chili rasbora but then I saw these guys. They've already gotten some color after a few hours. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1445312451.375164.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1445312465.649448.jpg

Thanks. Yeah the stingray does a great job

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  10. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Nice shrimp tank and lovely little fish. Looks really good. Alison:;hi1

11. JswinWell Known MemberMember

Thanks

12. CWilson4633BValued MemberMember

I am so jealous of your tank. That is one of the nicest, put together tanks I have seen in a long time. Half of me wants to quit my job to have the time to really do this. :0 :;scuba

13. JswinWell Known MemberMember

Thank you very much. I would love to quit my job to do this. Unfortunately my job funds my mts

14. CWilson4633BValued MemberMember

Ohh yea.... I forgot about that... I still do love watching them swim around and watch the fry grow.. They *sniff* grow up so fast *sniff*

15. JswinWell Known MemberMember

Update on the tank. Got a clip on finnex planted plus and also a slight explosion in rcs population  

16. FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

Looks great, loving all the shrimp! :D

17. EricVFishlore VIPMember

Looks like the shrimp have really colored up nicely. That still the group of sakuras you got from me?

18. JswinWell Known MemberMember

EricV sure are plus about 5 that I bought at my lfs to add some variation to the gene pool but in cherry shrimp math 15+5 equals 200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice