5 Gallon Aquascape

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Preston Landolt, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Preston Landolt

Preston Landolt Valued Member Member

I have a 5 gallon aquarium that needs to be aquascaped, [​IMG]
    The circled bit will stay, but I think turning the log on the left to go the same way as the right one may look good, but what I really need are plants.
    I need a plant that will cover the ugly filter on the right side, and I want to have some small plants next to the rocks. That’s about as far as I have thought into it. Recommend some low fert plants that you can find at places like petsmart or PetCo to make things easier for me! Thanks

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

Depends on your light. Anubias may be good, attach it to the driftwood.

If you have a good light you could try some stem plants like hornwort, ambulia, cabomba etc.

3. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

Agreed, I would also move the left to the right. You can at that point also tuck the heater back there. There are some smaller varieties of Java fern (check liquid creations), small anubias, or bucephalandra that you can attach to the wood to cover the rest of the cord.
    Overall the wood pieces are a bit large for the tank, but I think if you move it as described it will work out well...
    I can’t actually see the filter on the right so can’t comment much on coverage.

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Also would consider mosses as well. Good choice to come to mind is xmas moss.

5. OP
    OP
    Preston Landolt

Preston Landolt Valued Member Member

Yo mentioned smaller versions of java fern, I like El Niño fern

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice