5 Gal Betta Tank?

Would you keep a tank in your kitchen?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Frshwtr101

Can you have an aquaponic herb garden with a 5 gal betta tank? Weird questions but thought it would be a cool idea for a kitchen counter top tank !!!

I have an unused kitchen counter corner that just collects **** right now and thought this would be a cool way to utilize the space.

It is not near where I prep or cook food, btw... Thoughts?

Discus-Tang

Frshwtr101 said:
Can you have an aquaponic herb garden with a 5 gal betta tank? Weird questions but thought it would be a cool idea for a kitchen counter top tank !!!

I have an unused kitchen counter corner that just collects **** right now and thought this would be a cool way to utilize the space.

It is not near where I prep or cook food, btw... Thoughts?
Yes you could put a betta in there as long as it has a heater, filter and gets fed (they don't eat the roots- they are carnivores).Also do frequent water changes.

2211Nighthawk

I had my 5 gallon on the kitchen counter for a few months before upgrading to a 15. Worked great but now I have more counter space to dump stuff...

Rtessy

One thing with bettas and aquaponics is you have to make sure they have access to air at the top of the tank and not just plant roots since they're labyrinth fish. But yeah, I think it's a great idea

Frshwtr101

I have an hob filter and a heater I could use ... was thinking of making a new lid that would hold the herbs and still cover the tank to reduce splashing from the filter running!!! Gonna look into it.. yall will be the first to see a thread if I do it!!!!!

2211Nighthawk

I’m looking forward to it. I’d love to have plants growing out if my tanks but I have cats.

Top Bottom