5 foot long 45g. Does that makes sense?

1. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

What kind of tank is this?

"45 Gallon Aquarium - $95

45 gallon, glass fish tank includes an over-the-back filter and several small accessories. Rocks, live plants and wooden stand included if you want them.

Tank is roughly 5 feet wide."

I emailed this person. Hopefully check it out tomorrow. Not sure what I'm actually going to find, though. Those dimension don't match up with anything normal. Special made maybe? It sounds long and shallow, which would be awesome!

Do you think I should ask for a lower price if there are no hoods/lights? Not sure what the "accessories" will be. Hopefully a heater....

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Ilovee. That does sound like odd dimensions for sure! $95 isn't bad for the tank and the stand. Stands alone usually cost much more than that as I'm sure you know. It never hurts to barter or haggle of price :)
    Keep us posted. :)
    Ken

3. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

$95 is a good price if you get good equipment.
    I found a 55 on craigslist w/stand, filter, heater, and decorations for $40.
    It wouldn't hurt asking for a lower price if the equipment is cheap and there are no lights. Also you might want to bring a tape measure to check the dimensions.

Good Luck!

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

sounds like they mean 5 feet long...5 foot wide wouldnt be a tank it would be more like a tub! LOL