5 Fish Dead In One Day

emfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi Guys,
After some extensive googling. I think it might be columnaris and the stage 1 which kills the fish quickly. If anyone has experience with this I'll be willing to hear it

ParrotCichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
emfish said:
Hi Guys,
After some extensive googling. I think it might be columnaris and the stage 1 which kills the fish quickly. If anyone has experience with this I'll be willing to hear it
Its definitely not a slow moving strain of columnaros but yes it could be one of the faster strains as these don't always show much of any vosible symptons on the fish.

Might be a good idea to lower the temperature of your tank to 75f and see if it slows the deatg rate down.

If the death rate contines but at a slower rate then i woulf recommend starti g appropriate antibiotic treatment.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a question. You mentioned the sand being discolored and when you moved a plant it smelled really bad. When did this happen? I’m asking because of a deadly gas that gets trapped under the sand. A friend lost everything in his humongous tank due to this gas I can’t remember the name of. Just a thought.
I’m so sorry you and your little girl are going through this. How completely heartbreaking

Kevin Dennis

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
DoubleDutch said:
What's happening with Harlequins the last days ????
Weak stock.

Kept Harlequins and Neons all throughout the 90's and never had tank dieoffs like this.

I wish the OP the best. Just lost an entire tank of Harlequins myself.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Kevin Dennis said:
Weak stock.

Kept Harlequins and Neons all throughout the 90's and never had tank dieoffs like this.

I wish the OP the best. Just lost an entire tank of Harlequins myself.
I’m so sorry!

emfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I thought it could be the anerobic gas pockets too. But once I've googled them they are very rare and only occur if you haven't touched the sand for months. Think it could just be air pockets...

The weak stock could explain the guppies but I've had my harlequins for a year now and never lost one until now

ralph113

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
check your ph or if your water was dechlorinated..... both reasons killed my fish within hours with no signs and symptoms.. just got weak, stoppef.moving, then died.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom