5.5g Stocking Ideas?

1. Dlondon95

Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

I have an empty 5.5g that I want to do something with. I don't really "want" another betta, but i'm still considering it.

Do you guys have any suggestions? It's a dirted (NPT) tank by the way.

2. Squirrelmanajh

Squirrelmanajh Valued Member Member

ADFs or shrimp! Both are fun and different

3. OP
    OP
    Dlondon95

I already have both in other tanks. haha.

I'm thinking a Betta might just be the only option here.

4. L

Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

5. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

100s of baby platies provided by ME.

Or you could try Dario dario or Badis badis. CPO?

6. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

7. OP
    OP
    Dlondon95

Still mad about the platys huh?

*GASP* CPO! I never even thought of them! I could make it a breeding tank for them!

Akari: I like the idea of least killifish too, but there would be so many little baby's, I wouldn't know what to do with them. Kind of like someone else I know. *slowly looks to Jonathan*

8. Akari_32

Least Killies don't have large drops, and the fry are dropped a few at a time, every few days. I don't have a population over load, and I've had them for a good while now ;)

9. RogueAgent94

*glares* I can detour through PA on my way to FL......

10. OP
    OP
    Dlondon95

I might get some with the CPO's then. Gosh, I'm really excited about this now!

Jonathan: I'd say you don't know where I live, but sadly, you do! On a side note, what do you usually go by? Jonathan, Jon, Jonny? Lol

11. Akari_32

Dooooo iiiiiiiiit!

I see them on AB all the time ;)

12. OP
    OP
    Dlondon95

I'll check em out tomorrow. I'm going to bed!

13. RogueAgent94

There is a pair of them up on AB for $15 and a trio for $30 if I remember correctly. I call dibs on a couple of the babies!

LOL yes I do. And I know where Josh lives so if you run and hide I'll just go to his house and hold him hostage until you reveal yourself. Or I might hold your dog hostage... or both. Yep both sounds good. LOL I go by: Jonathan, John, or Rogue. RA is acceptable as it means I'm the resident advisor lol. Or it could mean an excruciatingly painful disease. Basically you can call me whatever your heart desires lol. I don't mind either way, just so I know it's me your referring to lol.

14. Akari_32

I was talking about the Killies (much cheaper!), but CPOs are on there a lot too lol

15. RogueAgent94

Pray tell, why would he buy Least Killies when I could just catch him some in 5 weeks time?

16. Akari_32

Thats true too LOL I might have you send me some too.... ;D

17. RogueAgent94

You can get them in your backyard!! Lazy :p

18. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

hmmmmm (starts contemplating another 10gal)

I really like Celestial Pearl Danios aka galaxy rasboras.

19. Akari_32

Not for very long! I'll be going back home in a few weeks, and I don't have anywhere to put them while I'm here unless I put the Garra in the 5.5, which I don't want to do yet. Actually, I don't think it'd hurt anything to just add them straight to the 5.5 anyway lol

20. OP
    OP
    Dlondon95

Paypal payment went through, got money, I'm hitting aquabid tonight!

I'm gonna wait a while to get the CPO's since they cost so much. Right now I'm finally gonna get me some GBR's!

That would be great if you could catch some Rouge! I wish I lived in more of a tropical area so I could just catch some fish. All I have hear are blunt-nose minnows!

NOOO! You can't take them! haha. It's actually kinda funny that you said about the dog. Just as you posted it, she started dreaming or something and was running and kicking in her sleep. lol