5.5 gallon low tech aquascape

sairving

I'm getting ready to move my beta from a 3 gallon planted tank, to a 5.5 gallon planted tank. I've been searching the internet for aquascaping ideas. My current 3 gallon uses aquasoil for substrate

As I've been looking around, I really like the look of sand. I had a few thoughts. Idea one, do a sandy river bottom/ beach looking thing in the front and fill the rest in with aquasoil. Idea two, do a sand path type thing and rest is aquasoil. Idea three, just use aquarium sand\poolfilter sand in the whole thing and switch to root tabs.

AcornTheBetta

sairving said:
I'm getting ready to move my beta from a 3 gallon planted tank, to a 5.5 gallon planted tank. I've been searching the internet for aquascaping ideas. My current 3 gallon uses aquasoil for substrate

As I've been looking around, I really like the look of sand. I had a few thoughts. Idea one, do a sandy river bottom/ beach looking thing in the front and fill the rest in with aquasoil. Idea two, do a sand path type thing and rest is aquasoil. Idea three, just use aquarium sand\poolfilter sand in the whole thing and switch to root tabs.
I think that the first idea will look good. Here's my 5g betta build thread: Acorn's 5g Blackwater Build | Freshwater Aquarium Builds Forum | 476685

AcornTheBetta

sairving said:
Your tank looks awesome!

With a beach- river look, I could use the crypts I have growing to get a shore like appearance. Need a slightly bigger piece of driftwood and some more anubias.
Thanks!

I think that look would be super pretty!

sairving

AcornTheBetta said:
Thanks!

I think that look would be super pretty!
I think it would look pretty too. Just need to pick something that gets a little taller to hide the sponge filter and heater. Now that my banana lilly is actually rooting, maybe that will get bushy enough to do the job.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom