5.5.g choices 5 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by trailblazer295, Dec 30, 2012.

1. t

trailblazer295 Well Known Member Member

After a couple years it appears like my betta is getting old and less active. Sneaky bugger swims under cover of darkness when I'm not looking and stops when I do. This has gotten the wheels turning about what I might want as the next inhabitant of my 5.5g. Other than another betta, what fish options do I have? I've read conflicting information about endlers. A few small fish sounds appealing to look at for a bedroom tank. I've been considering a small species of killifish. This is a picture of how the tank sits now.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

That would make an amazing shrimp tank! I have an RCS tank. They are fun to watch as they swim about with no predators around....and will multiply when happy. If you'd rather stick with fish, check out the nano species. There is a nano danio that would be great, if you could find it.

3. OP
    OP
    t

Are RCS okay with an SAE? I bought him a year ago because I was getting hair algae on my plant leafs.

4. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

I imaging they would work together, but have no experience pairing RCS with SAE. I hope the SAE is in a school and in a very large tank. I have 3 full gronw SAEs in my 90G tank. They are terrible algae eaters as adults....haha......but are very entertaining to watch. My school of 3 are always together and are extremely social.

5. OP
    OP
    t

I have no idea what I have anymore. Was sold to me under the guise it would be okay. I'll have to look into it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice