46 Gallon SA Stocking

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay, I'm getting ready to redo my 46 gallon bowfront and here's what I was thinking;
4 Apistogramma Paucisquamis
15 Paracheirodon simulans (Green Neon Tetra)
3-5 Long Nose Angelfish (Pterophyllum leopoldi- Grow to 2-3 Inches)

I was looking into a Rio Negro biotope, but I'm open to any SA. Any other ideas to go with these???

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like that stock provided you make seperate territories for each cichlid. I also like Sharkdude's idea of an exotic Pleco. Personally I would go for a Zebra Pleco (L046) if you don't mind spending the money to get one. I like the L239 that Sharkdude suggested also. They are a great looking fish.

Keep an eye on the Long-Noses because they can get a bit aggressive when they breed.

Sharkdude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow Zebra!? Nice name drop Nutter..they go for $250 here. If you don't want to go that route then you might try L129 or a L260. Any one of these would be a sight in your tank.

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was looking at Watermelon Plecos (L191), Three Beacon (L091) or Blue Phantoms (L128), but I'm still thinking. I know that watermelon plecos get big (16 inches), but I also heard that they take a long time to grow, so I probably would have a larger tank by then (I probably won't risk it). I like the L260 and Zebra Pleco, if I can get them at a reasonable price. Also, does anyone know how expensive L264 run?? There another one I'm looking at.

Danni

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Erica0107 said:
Wow...I had no idea there were dwarf angelfish. I'm surprised they're not more popular. Sounds like a nice tank!
They are smaller but very aggressive which may be why and not very common.

This sounds like an amazing tank. I would second the Exotic Pleco of some sort to round it all out.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom