46 Gallon Aquarium

MalachiMuthiah

Reaction score
I have a 46 gallon bow front aquarium with 3 angelfish (not fully grown), 1 rainbow shark, 2 kribensis, and an albino bushynose pleco. I am wondering if I could put some platies in that tank as well. Probably around 6. There is a little aggression from the rainbow shark and a little rowdiness from one of the kribensis, but have done some googling and websites said it should be fine. But, just want to make sure nobody would get harmed. So, would that work?

DuaneV

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I wouldnt. When your Angels are full grown theyre going to be BIG and theyre already pushing the tank limit with just them, let alone the other fish in there. And a 46 gallon bow front is already too small for a Rainbow Shark. They really need a 4 foot tank as theyre a VERY active swimmer and they get to be 6 inches. I think down the road you're going to have some issues with those 4 fish in that tank.

OP
M

MalachiMuthiah

Reaction score
I know that those 4 fish tend to get fairly large. However, I have had them for almost 2 years, and they are no where near growing out of the tank. I've been looking at getting platies and have found a good deal. Just don't want to pass it up. Would they work with all of the fish I have in my tank?

DuaneV

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They might be stunted from being in a small tank. At 2 years old, they should be full grown.

You're gonna do what you want to do. In my personal opinion, the tanks already overstocked.

New Threads