45g Suggestions

1. N

Nubias Valued Member Member

Hi All,

After some suggestions for a 45g / 180l planted community tank. Was trying to keep low stocked/low bio load but so much good stuff to chose from.

Thoughts so far are;

6 Panda or peppered Cory
    2-4 Golden Honey Gourami
    School of Cardinals ~12
    School of Harlequin or Lambchop Rasbora~8-10
    Gold Or Bolivian Rams ( can’t decide if at all, really like the but trying to stay low maintenance/hardier fish)

Other thoughts
    Lemon tetra
    Columbian tetra
    Candy cane tetra
    Diamond tetra

Let me know your thoughts or suggestions on choices and quantities.

Thanks

2. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

I personally would do bolivians, golden rams prefer temps greater than panda/peppered cories...

Other than that, i would bump up the cory school to around 8 and call it done.

3. OP
    OP
    N

Thanks,

Slight change of plans at the moment, now leaning towards

~6 Panda Cory
    ~12 Black Neon Tetra
    ~8-10 Lambchop/Harlequin Rasbora
    ~6-8 Bleeding Heart Tetra or Candy Cane Tetra (False Rosy Tetra?) Hyphessobrycon bentosi or Rosy tetra Hyphessobrycon rosaceus

Then maybe the Bolivian Rams - would pair or multiple females and 1 male be better?
    Could I increase numbers of any of the above?

4. OP
    OP
    N

So currently thinking of the following stock once I’m cycled;

7 Corydoras Panda or Corydoras Habrosus
    13-15 Black Neon Tetra
    5-7 Bleeding Heart Tetra or the flame back variety as they are slightly smaller.

Probably leave it at that for now and wait to see what comes up. Keen for odd numbers of all, I’m not 100% on the Bleeding hearts but the better half really wants them. Any thoughts on species or quantities?

Other possibilities are shrimp variety or Otocinclus as algae control.

Theme is South American tetra tank I suppose, although may end up with a dwarf cichlid of sorts once it’s well established.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a lot of different info out there especially temp, hardness and ph. What sources do you all use? I’ve been using seriouslyfish st the moment.