45 Gallon Stocking Question

baby0nyx

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 45 gallon tank with 5 platys 1 molly and 5 albino cories. I was wondering if I could add anything else to this tank possibly a center piece fish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Gundy1024

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Some rainbow fish would look nice in there. The price is a bit higher for them but they look nice ans should mix well with your current fish.

Gundy1024

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Gundy1024 said:
How many fish do you currently have? And how many?
Sorry, should have just looked at the first post. The rainbows will get fairly big, somewhere around 4 inches. I would think 3 would be fine. 2 females and a male if you can. They are not hard to sex if you look them up online.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I reccomend a pair of rams or apistos... or maybe a twig catfish - something interesting.

IMO, I would pass on most species of rainbows. They appreciate being in schools of 6 or so, so stick with the smaller ones like threadfins, blue eyes, and dwarf neons.

baby0nyx

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Would the rams be ok in my tank ? How aggressive are they?

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What are the dimensions of your tank? Is your molly a sailfin molly?

Rams don't get really aggressive; many people have actually kept them in community tanks successfully.

baby0nyx

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Should I I do a pair then ? Also I was thinking of upping the mollies and cories would that be ok ?

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
baby0nyx said:
Should I I do a pair then ? Also I was thinking of upping the mollies and cories would that be ok ?
I'd probably up the cories to about 8 and get around 5 or so mollies in there- stick to one gender IMO.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom