45 degree swimmer....

1. beckers4oranges Member Member

one of my serpea tetras swims at a 45 degree angle...what is up with that?

2. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

mnie do that all the time after the lights are out but i dont think much of it

3. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Maybe trouble with the swim bladder? Does it seem like he's trying really hard to swim?

4. beckers4oranges Member Member

yes it does and he swims tward the stop of the tank...and the other are middle to bottom...

5. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

My gourami at first had trouble with his swim bladder and within a week, he had fixed it himself. IF you look it up, the internet says that about 50% will fix themelves, but the other will not. It's kind of a wait and see situation. As long as you make sure he is eating :)

6. beckers4oranges Member Member

i ment top of the tank....

so basically he is trying to strength his swim bladder?

7. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

That's what it sounds like to me (only because thats what my dwarf gourami was having trouble with, and it continued for about a week, before he "fixed himself")
    I may be wrong, of course, but I would just keep a close eye on him, and monitor his swimming capability every day. I am hopin you will start to see improvement ;)

8. beckers4oranges Member Member

thanks for the advice...do u know anything about red tailed sharks? mine on his fins...has white tips...what that mean?

9. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

have no clue about that one :( someone else has to help you out/

Let us know about the progress of your tetra :)

10. beckers4oranges Member Member

thanks again and will do

11. RoboDude Member Member

I don't think the rtbs situation is at all serious. I've noticed a little white spot on mine's fins as well, but he's still at perfect health!

12. beckers4oranges Member Member

yea mines fine to he still chases the other fish around