44 Gallon Bowfront Stocking

Jaybally

Hi

I have a 44 gallon bowfront that I was using to breed guppies I now have it cleared and rescaped with more plants coming tomorrow it is over filtered.

What recommendations for stocking starting fresh?

IMG_1858.JPG

nikm128

Well, is there anything specific you absolutely must have? It helps to find that, then build a list around that fish
What filtration do you have running?

ManMan125

If you like bottom feeders, then I would definitely recommend crayfish. I have 3 small orange ones in my 36 bow front and they are very entertaining. It's very fun to watch them scuttle around and climb in the tank. If you want something that will live longer, I would suggest electric blue crayfish, since they can live about 5 years with proper care and get about 5-6 in long. As for fish, perhaps some emperor or flame tetra's could be nice, or a few honey gourami's if you want something larger. None of these are aggressive, and with my experience crayfish usually run away from other fish rather than try to nip them. Hope this helps! !

pRoy33

DuaneV

100% depends on what you like. The way it looks now, Id go with an Amazon biotope. A bunch of Corys, Tetras, Hatchetfish, etc. Would look super cool with some more plants and driftwood too.

Fishlover245735

I agree, crayfish could be cool! Also the cories, tetras, hatchetfish could be super interesting!

Jack B Nimble

20190225_170739~2.jpg Dont forget the top!

JonJal

Top Bottom