42 gallon hex leaking

PhishHead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well here goes so im thinking of combining my two tanks, since i just found out the hex i picked up is leaking from the top. And i've come to just not like the hex tank that much. Anyways i have that hex tank with live rock and 3 blue devil damsels, 1 lawnmower blennie. 4 blue tip hermit crabs. And in my 30 gallon i have 2 yellow tail damsels, 1 yellow tang, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Green Chromis. Now i was thinking of putting them all in a 55 gal, or a 75 gal. Which one would best suit them? Also i use two diff types of salts in each tank, can i still combine the water and the fish? I will be using sand substrate from the hex tank since it looks nicer than the rock one in the 30?

any help at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning PhishHead,

I've edited your post and removed a statement that belongs in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum. (concerning your Hex tank). Please feel free to create a thread there for items you wish to sell.
Thanks!
Ken

PhishHead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks. Ive figured out whats leaking when i have the glass top down and the water condenses on it it drips down through the top of the frame.

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You should probably be ok with that setup, but I worry that you'll never see your chromis again after the damsels are done with him. Definitely go with the 75. More versatile.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom