42 gallon hex leaking

PhishHead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well here goes so I'm thinking of combining my two tanks, since I just found out the hex I picked up is leaking from the top. And i've come to just not like the hex tank that much. Anyways I have that hex tank with live rock and 3 blue devil damsels, 1 lawnmower blennie. 4 blue tip hermit crabs. And in my 30 gallon I have 2 yellow tail damsels, 1 yellow tang, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Green Chromis. Now I was thinking of putting them all in a 55 gal, or a 75 gal. Which one would best suit them? Also I use two diff types of salts in each tank, can I still combine the water and the fish? I will be using sand substrate from the hex tank since it looks nicer than the rock one in the 30?

any help at all.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning PhishHead,

I've edited your post and removed a statement that belongs in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum. (concerning your Hex tank). Please feel free to create a thread there for items you wish to sell.
Thanks!
Ken

PhishHead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks. Ive figured out what's leaking when I have the glass top down and the water condenses on it it drips down through the top of the frame.

lanlesnee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would get the 75 gallon. Bigger is always better.

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You should probably be ok with that setup, but I worry that you'll never see your chromis again after the damsels are done with him. Definitely go with the 75. More versatile.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads