40L vs 75 Gallon?

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
(The L means Long btw not litres). So im planning ahead for my next tank. A 4 foot long tank prefectly fits in an area in my room, and ive already thought about the 33 long and the 40 long before. I already got a 125 with Australian Rainbow fish, emerald cories, electric blue acara, angelfish, neon tetras, and pearl gouramis. If I got the 75 id put discus in there, though I dont know if id be ready to handle the responsibility, and it would be heavily planted. Im not sure what id put in the other 2. But which one of these 3 would you suggest?

Edit: Its going to be planted / heavily planted

OP
DollyDolly

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Update: So im debating between 40L and 75 because I need the extra height on the 40.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I would advise against discus if you only have 1 year of experience. They are a very delicate fish. Also what were the options, I heard discus but what were the other 2.
Edit: Also btw you could add more fish to your 125. It is VERY lightly stocked.

gray18

Reaction score
If you are going to do Discus, I would recommend the 75. They need a large tank. But other then that, if it was me personally, I would go with the 40 long. I have a 33 long which is not much different from a 40 and I love it. But, Angelfish need height from what I believe... So your best bet all around is probably the 75.

New Threads