40gl

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Tdahl09, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Tdahl09

Tdahl09Valued MemberMember

I'm getting a 40gl. Any recommendations on a filter? I don't have tons of money but I like a clean tank. I also always way over filter ( my 20gl has a 50gl filter)

Live everyday

2. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

The AquaClear 70, just ordered one on Amazon for my 40B.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. uncfanValued MemberMember

I'm running a aquaclear 70 and a 50 on my 40B. That's 500gph, good water flow and the fish dont mind it to much.

4. MtnTigerWell Known MemberMember

I'm running two Aqueon 30's on our 29 gal and a Aqueon 50 with a Marineland 200 on the 38 gal.

Only had one on each tank for the longest time but so many on here recommend extra filtration that I thought I'd give it a try.

I must say the tanks do look crystal clear.

5. uncfanValued MemberMember

If you don't want ALOT of water movement (current) then I would run 2 aquaclear 50s. That's 400gph which is what I'm going to eventuly going to do instead of the 70 ,50 combo.

6. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

7. OP
    OP
    Tdahl09

What about a canister filter? I hate that one side of the tank is clean and not the other when using a HOB. This tank is going to be my largest and I really want it to be perfect

Live everyday

8. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I'd recommend the Fluval 206, I just ordered one for my 40 Breeder also.

9. OP
    OP
    Tdahl09

Thanks guys for all the recommendations I will look around and see what I like

Live everyday

10. BDpups

BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice