40gal

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by gammerus, Mar 31, 2006.

1. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

its needs alot of work but here is my 40gal
    12.jpg
    clear.gif
    clear.gif

Attached Files:

2. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Nice pics! What kinds of fish do you have in there?

3. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

4. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

minnows? As in white cloud minnows or lake minnows?

5. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Yes you do have lots or problems with your tank you do know. heres my questions

1. what type of plecos
    2. you need more tiger barbs and swordtails since tiger barbs are schooling fish and swordtails and other livebearers do much better with company
    3. mollies do best in brackish and do not thrive in FW
    4. you do know there will probably be a lot of aggresion with your shark and tiger barb

Austin

6. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

most of these fish were gotten before I had a clue about fish keeping. but they are reg plecos..I know they get huge our original one has knocked over plants. but I have been scared of adding more swordtails or tigers...I am told tigers become more aggressive in groups

7. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

I honestly do not know about the minnows, they were from my boyfriends grandmothers pond.

8. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Are they red and white around 2" long

Austin

9. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

nope they are grey and alittle irredescent along their middle

10. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Does it look like any of these

11. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

they look more like this but with bigger stomaches clear.gif

12. MarcWell Known MemberMember

Mollies do absolutely fine in freshwater. Mollies are very versatile fish and as far as I know it's all where they originated from that determines where they do best. Most colors originate from somewhere else. Darn genetics :)

13. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Your tank looks very nice! Your pleco in the picture looks like mine which is a common pleco. They can grow over a foot. Escpecially since you have 2 of them (I assume both are the same species), they will probably become monsters in your tank knocking things over. You can try and trade them in if you like at your lfs. Many pond owners love the bigger plecos. If you decide to go this route, check out   and use the word bristlenose in a search. These plecos rarely get bigger than 6 inches, and some stay as small as 3 inches. When you find the fish you want, check on   on a regular basis for someone selling them possibly in your area, or you can always have them shipped. You can also check into seeing if there are local clubs in your area, and find out what the locals have for sale or trade. I love getting my fishies from local hobbyists. They are more special, and you know they were probably well taken care of. ;) Your tank is very pretty just the way it is! However, if the plecos become beasts in your tank, now you know what you can do about it. Of course the other option (and one we like a lot here), is to get a bigger tank in addition to the one you already have! ;)

BBBWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;D

14. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

my pleco (its a common :mad: my friend gave it to me, I was going to get corys...sigh) has competely shredded several of my plants, now all thats left of them are little bits here and there
    I like corys soooo much better. I never even see my pleco at all!

15. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Why don't you give your pleco to the lfs and get your Cories, Emma?  You're going to have to do it anyway sooner or later... :-\  And I love Cories too, I wish I could get some.
    Oh yeah, and what are lake minnows? :p I've only heard of white clouds.

16. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

the pleco's do well..you just cant rely on any gravel to stay in one place for very long, when he swims the top layer is shifted ;)

17. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

minnows from a lake ;)

18. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...wow, how strange that a lake minnow would come from a lake ::) :p

19. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

I know! Who came up with that? :p

20. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

yes, people come up with such strange names for things nowadays ::) ::)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice