40g tank

1. f

fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

soon I might be getting a 40g tank any one have any suggestions for a filter for it?

2. n

not4you Member Member

2 Aquaclear 50's should do a good job on a 40 gal tank.

3. atmmachine816

atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

2 penguin bio-wheels 200 would be fine or maybe some sponge or canister really your opinoin

4. Isabella

Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

2 weaker AquaClears or 2 weaker Bio-Wheels - OR one more powerful AquaClear or Bio-Wheel. All depends on your wallet! :) A 40G could do well with one powerful filter. However, 2 filters would be great too. So it's all up to you.

5. atmmachine816

well the bigges bio-wheel that i am aware of is not big enough for a 40 gallon for 10x amount the bigges is 350gph thatss why i said bio-wheel 200 by penguin because two of those would be a total of 400gph 10x amount of gallons

6. Marc

Marc Well Known Member Member

A BIO-Wheel 330 is for 40-70 gallons. It's basically a two-in-one.

7. OP
    OP
    f

fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

8. atmmachine816

uh ya that would work if you have the cash for it :eek: lol

9. E

EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

I don't really know anything about the subject, because I bought both of my tanks in kits that already came with filters. But what makes BioWheel and cannister filters so much better and more expensive?

10. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

I just bought an Eheim Professional Canister Filter for my 39G almost 40G, cost me a pretty penny but a decided to buy the better one as I saved money on the tank and stand and light which I bought at da lfs I work @.

11. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

This is the answer to this question in your other thread: