40g tank

1. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

soon I might be getting a 40g tank any one have any suggestions for a filter for it?

2. not4you Member Member

2 Aquaclear 50's should do a good job on a 40 gal tank.

3. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

2 penguin bio-wheels 200 would be fine or maybe some sponge or canister really your opinoin

4. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

2 weaker AquaClears or 2 weaker Bio-Wheels - OR one more powerful AquaClear or Bio-Wheel. All depends on your wallet! :) A 40G could do well with one powerful filter. However, 2 filters would be great too. So it's all up to you.

5. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

well the bigges bio-wheel that i am aware of is not big enough for a 40 gallon for 10x amount the bigges is 350gph thatss why i said bio-wheel 200 by penguin because two of those would be a total of 400gph 10x amount of gallons

6. Marc Well Known Member Member

A BIO-Wheel 330 is for 40-70 gallons. It's basically a two-in-one.

7. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

8. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

uh ya that would work if you have the cash for it :eek: lol

9. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

I don't really know anything about the subject, because I bought both of my tanks in kits that already came with filters. But what makes BioWheel and cannister filters so much better and more expensive?

10. Jason Well Known Member Member

I just bought an Eheim Professional Canister Filter for my 39G almost 40G, cost me a pretty penny but a decided to buy the better one as I saved money on the tank and stand and light which I bought at da lfs I work @.

11. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

This is the answer to this question in your other thread: