40g Breeder Filtration? (goldfish)

Pete_art

40G breeder for 2 fancy goldfish.

I was thinking of buying the aquaclear 70 filter (300gph) along with a large sponge filter with an air pump (40-60 gallons).

Do you think that’s enough filtration?

Or should I go with the the aquaclear 110 (500gph). Only concern is the flow might be too powerful for the 40 gallon breeder.

Cichlidude

An AC 70 is just fine with your sponge filter.

Collin Chorba

I would say that an ac 70 with a large intake sponge could Handle two fancies but I see why you want the extra sponge, (less maintenance), if you want low maintenance then I would do two atI 125 sponge filters, my friend has them in his 110 pond with 8 turtles and two Goldfish, plus it keeps the water crystal clear because it’s a fine sponge, they aren’t terribly big either, I believe they are $15 on amazon

Edit: he has two on his 110

david1978

The aquaclears have adjustable flow so a 110 can be turned down. A 70 with a sponge filter or a 110 by itself would both work. I have a 110 on my betta tank and they don't seem to mind.

tedisabum

Goldfish tend to be messy. I run an aquaclear ac70 and an ac 110 side by side in my 29 gallon. I would use this for your 75 and you’ll know u have enough.

goldface

I have a Seachem Tidal 75 (comparable to the AC 70?) on my 40 gallon breeder, and it's more than enough for my two goldfish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Girt
Replies
Views
SallImSayin
Replies
Views
e_watson09
  • Question
Replies