40g Breeder Community Tank Ideas?!

lovemyfanciesbut

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I want to start a new community tank after losing all of my fancies but 1. I’ve never done a community tank besides a couple fancies. I would love ideas on fish, plants & decor for a newbie like myself! I already have an established 40G breeder tank with a huge piece of Malaysian wood w\ 2 young annubias attaching to it and one big plastic plant.

Elle2128

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
There are so many, many options. I recently started stocking the same size tank, and it can be overwhelming. Best thing you can do to help yourself and people here narrow it down is find one fish you absolutely want to include, single fish or school of them, whatever the case may be, and plan the rest of your stocking around that.

For instance, for me, I ended up deciding I wanted to get a school of Silvertip tetras. Currently have 10 and plan to add more. I also added 6 Emerald Cory's, which seem to be getting on well with the tetras, and I will also be adding a centerpiece fish, though haven't 100% decided on what, I just know that I need it to handle the energy level of the tetras.

But deciding on the one type that I definitely wanted to include really helped me narrow it down.

lovemyfanciesbut

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There are so many, many options. I recently started stocking the same size tank, and it can be overwhelming. Best thing you can do to help yourself and people here narrow it down is find one fish you absolutely want to include, single fish or school of them, whatever the case may be, and plan the rest of your stocking around that.

For instance, for me, I ended up deciding I wanted to get a school of Silvertip tetras. Currently have 10 and plan to add more. I also added 6 Emerald Cory's, which seem to be getting on well with the tetras, and I will also be adding a centerpiece fish, though haven't 100% decided on what, I just know that I need it to handle the energy level of the tetras.

But deciding on the one type that I definitely wanted to include really helped me narrow it down.
THANK YOU! That does help ALOT!
I would love to have a large angel but I heard they r really hard to take care of! And I love jellybean cichlids but also heard those r tough to care for. Hopefully I find something! Thank u again!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom