400 Gallon stocking Ideas?

Loui

Hello, I will be getting a 9Lx3Wx2H aquarium soon and I don't know what I want to stock it with. I have thought about Peacock Bass, Archer fish and fresh water Stingrays. I'm not too sure if a tank of this size is big enough for stingrays (ocellate river stingray or black diamond stingray), I also don't know if the tank is big enough for the peacock bass. I really love archer fish but I'm not sure if I would want to put them in such a large aquarium when I could have a bigger predatory tank.

I already have Malawi cichlids that I'm getting a 7x2x2 tank for as well so I'm not looking for more Africans but I am interested in south American cichlids.
I will take some Malawi cichlid species recommendations though.

I'm open to all ideas, peaceful community or predatory, although I would much prefer predatory, thank you.

WRWAquarium

That sounds an amazing tank you are setting up!

Occelate stingrays get to 60cm long.. I know you have a 9ft long tank? Still may be a little small. I'm not sure on that. Website that sells them says they are community with caution but should be with larger South American fish. Maybe arrowana? Pacu?

There are tons of options for a predator tank. I think I would be tempted by red bellied piranhas and lots of them. :)

Loui

That sounds an amazing tank you are setting up!

Occelate stingrays get to 60cm long.. I know you have a 9ft long tank? Still may be a little small. I'm not sure on that. Website that sells them says they are community with caution but should be with larger South American fish. Maybe arrowana? Pacu?

There are tons of options for a predator tank. I think I would be tempted by red bellied piranhas and lots of them. :)
I had the same thought with the stingray, awesome ideas as well thank you.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Joey from king of diy has kept many species for a long time (even has been the first to breed a type in the home aquaria), he has successfully had them both in a 2 foot tall tank before with success (Though they stay more near the bottom than before), he probably has a guide on them or if you ask a question on a yt vid, he might answer.

Loui

Joey from king of diy has kept many species for a long time (even has been the first to breed a type in the home aquaria), he has successfully had them both in a 2 foot tall tank before with success (Though they stay more near the bottom than before), he probably has a guide on them or if you ask a question on a yt vid, he might answer.
I love watching joeys videos. Thank you ill try commenting on his video as well.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishFiendSP
Replies
Views
carsonsgjs
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views